PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Freedom Arms

longhorn
04-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I own a Model 83 in .454. It was stolen from my home in 1997, turned up in a Dallas pawn shop about 3 months ago. Took a court appearance and 3 trips to Dallas, but I got it back on Thursday, April 14. (Aside--how many can go to court and prove you own something? Receipts, photos, etc.? Something to think about......) The nice folks at FA faxed me a copy of the original warranty card literally minutes after I called for it.
Then, on Monday the 18th, I shipped it to Wyoming for barrel cut and recrown, remounting the front sight, trigger job, rounded butt, and refinishing (lotsa scratches and filthy). It came back today! Can't tell it from a new one. 9 days, including transit time.
The last single action I had altered was a shortened barrel, recrown, new front sight, and reshaped base pin for complete ejection, beautifully done by a regionally known and well-respected 'smith--it took five and a half months!
I know neither Freedom Arms nor their products are perfect, but I'll sure sing the praises of their customer service!

frankenfab
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Great story. The last time I took my .454 out, it would not fire. I haven't taken the cylinder out yet, but I bet the firing pin is broken. Gotta check it out and get it sent out if need be!

BCB
04-28-2011, 06:30 AM
I think what is more amazing then the FA service is the fact that it was found after being stolen so very long ago. That is really intersting...

Good-deal...BCB

bobthenailer
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I recently had my broken firing pin replaced by FA with a new designe that is replaceable at home ! $80.00 + shipping & insurance

Matthew 25
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm glad you got your revolver back. I've never had one stolen, but I bet it gives you a knot in your stomach. Gotta love FA.

jwp475
04-28-2011, 01:48 PM
FA revolvers are excellent and they stand behind them

longhorn
04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
One of the stolen ones seems to show up every couple of years. This one was hardest to get back, due to the pawn shop involvement. I figure whoever took it to the shop didn't know it had been stolen, or was an idiot. Now if the custom stainless Blackhawk, the .357 Max, and the nickeled New Service would just appear........