PDA

View Full Version : Boolits in Carbine and bulging cases...

MikeSSS
12-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Shot more of the Lee .309", 120 gr round noses today. Today's charge was 10.5 gr of 2400, the Carbine functioned 100%, semi auto is good. First I shot 2 liter Pepsi bottles at 43 yards offhand. The Carbine easily hit them. Then I switched to half liter bottles. They are 2.5" wide. I missed the first 4 shots...then thought "aim small to miss small". The Carbine hit the next 6 bottles with 6 shots, offhand, at 43 yds. If the half liter bottles had been mini silhouettes, the hits all would have been kills. I just read 'The Longest Day', the story of D-Day. So I was playing WWII with the soda bottles. I won.

2 liter bottles are OK at 100 yards but 43 is too close, you don't have to aim small to hit them. This is how bad habbits develop.

Aguila brass is undersize in diameter at the head and webb. WW brass is closer to spec. Shot some of both today. The WW brass did not have the unsightly bulge, Aguila still has it. The WW was pickup brass so weathered that it has a dark brown-purple patina to it. It shoots just fine.

Aim small!