PDA

View Full Version : globe front sight on a ramp

hiram
04-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I have a 22 with a post on a ramp for a front sight. The ramp is not in a dovetail, I think it is soldered on.

The ramp has a hood that slips into grooves on each side of the ramp, like on a lever action rifle.

I am looking for a globe type sight that will slip into these hood grooves. It would probablay tighten with screws.

The front sight is a post which is removable and it is not a dovetail installation.

The rifle is a CZ 452. Any help??

Thanks.

stubshaft
04-27-2011, 01:43 AM
I understand what you are looking for but I think that the increase on height over what you have now is going to be your greatest problem.

gnoahhh
04-27-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't think that sight will fit into the hood grooves Hiram is referring to. I never saw one that would do that. I think from looking at the illustration it may be intended for use on a Unertl-style scope block affixed to the muzzle. I could be wrong.

Is there a dovetail on top of the ramp, either cross-ways or running fore-and-aft? If so, a regular old Lyman 17A might work, but as alluded to above, height may then be an issue requiring super high elevation adjustment on the rear sight.

KCSO
04-27-2011, 12:20 PM
File the top of the sight flat and cut a dovetail in it and you can fit a 17A or put a bead back on for hunting.

hiram
04-27-2011, 12:24 PM
I found it.

The post is in a groove. Remove the post and slide in a flathead screw with thread facing up. Drop the base on and tighted with a nut. That's the base installed ready for the globe.

gnoahhh
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Don't you just love happy endings!