PDA

View Full Version : CZ82 and cast

Brasso
04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Just procured a CZ82 in 9x18 Makarov. The barrel has polygonal rifleing. I am wondering if this will present the same problems as the Glock rifleing.

Sam

bobthenailer
04-26-2011, 08:24 AM
the only pistol that i have with a polygon rifled barrel is a kahr in 9mm . i have had no problems with lead bullets . but i would ck it ever 25 to 50 rounds to see if it does lead beyond the normal leveles to give you a base line .
after a break in with about 100 J bullets I then switched to cast bullets and thats about all i shoot . i now shoot from 50 to 100 cast bullets without any conserns .
Kahr states that you can shoot cast in there pistol just keep a eye on lead build up and clean after firing .

Brasso
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I already shoot cast in my two Makarovs, but they have standard rifleing. I'll give it a try in the CZ and keep an eye on it.

Thanks again,
Sam

Phat Man Mike
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
we've got two of those CZ-82's on the hill here. I've shot cast out of one with no problem .. I would watch for leading like Bob spoke of and make sure that the boolit's are big enough to work. I've had some givin to me that where .363 and had to remelt them. :)

fatelk
04-27-2011, 11:04 PM
I've shot a lot of lead through my CZ82; works fine. I use the Lee mold, and tried tumble lubing them first. I've used tumble lube before but must have been doing something wrong in this instance because I got bad leading. I switched to pan lubing because I was too cheap to buy a sizer die, and they shoot great with no leading.

But then I also shoot lead through my Glock with no leading problems.

zxcvbob
04-27-2011, 11:24 PM
I shoot cast bullets in my 82 without any problems. I get no leading at all. I don't cast my own for it yet; bought a thousand 93 grain LRN's from mastercastbullets.com I shoot them and Silver Bear JHP's.