PDA

View Full Version : 30 Herrett Subsonic data

redneckdan
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi all. Came across this work up I had done some time ago for subsonic data in the 30 herrett using trail boss. This was from a 1in14 twist Super 14 barrel. Bullet is the 160 gr lee spire checked and lubed with BAC. Ignition is a WLP. I recall that accuracy was very good with all loads and the 7gr load turned in a group that could be covered with a dime at 25yds. I entered the data into a spreadsheet to post here. I hope to one day get a can for this barrel. The herrett is capable of everything a whisper is plus a bit more on the super sonic side and is rimmed for easier use in single shot firearms.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/30HERRETTSUBSONIC-1.jpg

fryboy
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
cool posting amigo ! , tho i have to confess of getting rid of my 14" 30 herret BBL ( it had such a long throat it wasnt funny , my 10" is a bit tighter anyways ) i havent tried trailboss in it but i had been considering it ( i love aa1680 and aa2200 in it ) i note that you state the 7 grain charge was especially nice and that the next charge up oddly enough has the largest spread and deviation that leaves me wondering why shot # 3 in that string was so much lower but i wonder about alot of things :P

redneckdan
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Good catch, should be 1119 not 1019. I will edit the chart and double check all the numbers again. The throat on my barrel is huge. I can take a 311041 and just barely seat the gas check in the case and get slight engraving on the nose. I am tempted to attack it with a .30-30 AI reamer.

EDIT- Chart updated and reformatted for easier reading. Hey, I had to take all those damn humanities classes, might as well put them to use.....