PDA

View Full Version : So what do they sell for these days ?

Jack Stanley
12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Years ago , I bought a Marlin 1894c for about three hundred and twenty bucks used , with scope and sling . As a casual interest I've seen asking prices of three fifty for a plain carbine without any extras . Just recently I saw one for two hundred and seventy-nine bucks , so what's the real deal on these :confused: Is this one a deal or is the market coming down a bit . I think the retail on a new one is a good bit more than that .

Jack

mtngunr
12-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Generally speaking, $250 for a Marlin 336 with walnut is a decent price, and the walnut stocked '94's command higher prices....the sub-$300 one you spotted would be considered a good deal down here......

Lawyerman
12-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Marlin lever guns have FLAT disappeared from the pawn shops around here. The only thing they have are the lowest bargain models and rusty relics. There are two Glenfields in town on shelves and that's it. One looks like it was drug behind a truck through a rock quarry, could be mine for the mere sum of $179. The other is decent,no extras and they want $249 for it, been there awhile. It has been a long time since I have seen a decent pre safety Marlin rifle. Only three years ago I could have had my pick for $200, not no more.

There is an 1895 45-70 in one shop for $329, very nice rifle and awhile back I saw a M94 pre safety .44 for $199. It had a Weaver K4 on it, nice rifle-that was a deal and if I didn't already have two I would have bought it. That's about it for the last year in Marlin lever guns in town. Hard to believe, glad I bought mine when I did!