PDA

View Full Version : looking to switch

Dustinxxx
04-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Currently im using bullseye with my 124 gr lead 9mm.. But would like to switch to some new powder.. What would you guys suggest.. i heard titegroup is good as well as 231, Any suggestions> What loads do you guys use with this bullet? thanks

Dustinxxx
04-24-2011, 03:17 AM
also looking for something that will fill the case like bullseye does so no double charges

winelover
04-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Unique will get you where you want to be.

Winelover

bobthenailer
04-24-2011, 09:26 AM
IMO ive gotten the best accuracy with cast bullets in the 9mm and the 38 super with med fast to med burning powders . AKA- WSF, WAP, HS6, Herco

Gee_Wizz01
04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Power Pistol works great for hot loads. I use it for my AR Carbine and get great accuracy and high velocity. That being said I have gotten great accuracy with 231, Unique and AA 5; However, I keep coming back to Bullseye and Unique. Bullseye gives top accuracy and is very economical to use. I use to experiment with every new powder that came out, but now I am trying to cut the number of different powders I keep on hand. Bullseye works superbly in 9mm, 45ACP, 380 ACP, 38 Spcl and 7.62 Nagant. Unique is a very close second in 9mm.

G

0verkill
04-27-2011, 12:43 AM
As posted earlier, power pistol is pretty good and will give you great velocity as well.
A .7cc dipper of Herco has been a favorite of mine for a long time, I can load these at work in my downtime.
It's been a long time, but I think AA#5 gave pretty good accuracy too, but it wouldn't function all my pistols until I got into the mid to upper limits with it.

Larry Gibson
04-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I started out with Bullseyewith cast bullets in the 9mm 40+ years ago and soon developed the itch that there was something better. Went through numerous other powders and discovered there wasn't any "better" powder and went back to Bullseye. As I use it in numerous other cartridges also it simplifies things in the long run. I've use a standard load of 4 gr under 120 - 125 gr cast bullets in many, many different 9mm handguns and numerous subguns over the years with complete success. If you continue shooting the 9mm I'd bet you'll also come back to Bulleye in the future.

Larry Gibson

Wally
04-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Larry, What about Red Dot---to me it is close to Bullseye but has 25% more "fluff"...and is less position senstive than is bullseye when used in most pistol calibers.

Larry Gibson
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Wally

Got to say I have used a lot of Red Dot in both 9mm and .45 ACPs, mostly because i got a really good price on it from some shotgunner. Red Dot does work very well and I'll not turn it down if the price is right but I've not found powder positioning to be a problem in the 9mm, .38 Special, 44 Special or the .45 ACP/AR cartridges. With the longer magnums it can be with lighter loads though. In the 9mm under a 358242 121 gr or the 356-120-TC 120 gr bullet 4 gr of Bullseye (my standard load) fills 90+ % of the powder capacity.

If someone wants to give or make me a really good price on some Red Dot I'll not turn it down. Heck, I won't turn down a good price on any of the powders mentioned here. However, if I order powder or go to a store and buy powder for such use I will get Bullseye.

Larry Gibson