PDA

View Full Version : old smith and wesson

army31bmp10
04-23-2011, 11:48 PM
i have a old .455 smith and wesson. that is a hand ejector model 2. it has the words square deal etched in the backstrap between the grips. i was wondering if anyone had info on this gun. it would be really helpful or if anyone knows tghe value of these guns. thanks

Char-Gar
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
"really good condition" is not a recognized term in describing gun condition for value purposes. It will take photos or standard grading description. "Square deal etched in the backstrap" is another term that doesn't tell us anything.

Taking the information, I would say the pistol is worth between $200 and $2,000 dollars. It will take much more specific information to narrow that down.

brettb75
04-25-2011, 12:01 AM
we do need pics and a better description. but square deal was Theodore Roosevelt campain slogan. and we all know he was a mason. the masons say live your life square or like a square deal. he was fighting for miners working condition rights. so if a miner who liked him had that engraved at the factory. well we all know what factory engraved smiths are worth. definatenly worth investigating. just another comment . some miners didnt like him for almost letting the military run the mines and the precedent that set. Brett Berry

brettb75
04-25-2011, 12:07 AM
p.s. he never said what condition its in. i know i would like to take a look at it.