PDA

View Full Version : Used Rugers...

BCB
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Is there a good website to check on used Rugers as far a prices go?...

And maybe even purchase one?...

I looked at the new ones on the Ruger site and Oh Boy!!!...

I wonder what percentage a person could expect to deduct from the Ruger site prices if purchasing them from a local gun dealer?...

Thanks...BCB

Angus
04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
What are you looking for, specifically?

PacMan
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Blue BH's run around $449.00 to 459.00 around here with staniless $50.00 to 75.00 higher.

BCB
04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
What are you looking for, specifically?

Well, I'm lookin' for a 44 Magnum...

Prefer blue, but it seems the Redhawks are stainless? At least the ones on the Ruger site are.

I don't think the Blackhawk is made in 44 Magnum...

And, I want adjustable sites...

The prices sure have increased--I suppose like everything else...

BCB

Angus
04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
The Super Blackhawk comes in 44mag. It has a slightly different gripframe and an unfluted cylinder compared to the Blackhawk. It also comes on the Bisley gripframe which is longer and straighter, controlling recoil better. Both are available in both blued and stainless. The Redhawk I believe came for a short time blued, but they are fairly hard to find. The Super RedHawk also comes in 44mag, also only ever in stainless. With the way Rugers are built, buying used is rarely an issue. They will take as much abuse as a hundred of your "average" shooters will put them through. They'll probably live through at least the abuse two of any of us would put it through. You're looking around $400 for a blued SBH judging by local prices, and probably $550 or so for a used Redhawk.

If you are looking for a hunting revolver, you could look into getting a SAA clone from Uberti or any of the dozen or so makers now. The 45 Colt loaded to standard pressures will run end to end through any whitetail I've seen. You can pick one up new for anywhere from $250 on up. They have fixed sights though.

Poygan
04-23-2011, 08:21 PM
BCB,
I have a blue Redhawk in .44 magnum. I believe the stainless models are called the super Redhawk. It is on the heavy side and doesn't have the nice trigger that the model 29 Smiths have.
However, if you are looking for stout, the Redhawk may be the one for you.

I have done some buying through a small local dealer and pay less than retail plus I have traded some other pieces in during a buy. Check around and see what the local folks will do.

You can look online but buying a gun in that manner doesn't work for me....

August
04-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I've never seen much difference in price between new and used Rooogers. Maybe a hundred bucks -- maybe.

I say get the exact gun you want and be happy.

.44 Rooooogers are about 500 bucks around here -- plus or minus.

I, too, am looking for a Super Blackhawk and figure it's gonna cost 500 bucks to get it in the barrel length I want (4 5/8).

Armorer
04-23-2011, 08:46 PM
I threw this out there to BCB in a PM, but it looks like there might be more that would be interested. I haven't bought anything from them but their prices look pretty good.
http://www.ozarkguns.com/Ruger%20Pistol/superblackhawk/ruger_super_blackhawk.htm

Armorer

bisleyfan41
04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
www.gunbroker.com
This site will give you a glimpse at typical used prices. Blued Redhawks are found there fairly regularly. I've bought several guns from GB (and other online sites) with ZERO problems. A bad experience is possible, but not likely. If you really want a blued Redhawk 44, I'm sure you'll find a deal there in short order.

As a loose guideline, street prices of NEW Rugers are usually approx 80% of MSRP.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Is there a good website to check on used Rugers as far a prices go?... And maybe even purchase one?...
Thanks...BCB

BCB,
if you are patient, check the sellin' swappin section everyday...right here on this website. the people on this site are some of the best people to trade with. In the year that I have been here, I have bought 3 guns...one was a Blackhawk in 41 Mag with awesome handcarved curly maple grips (plus the original grips) and a Leather holster...all for less than $400 (including transfer fee).
41 Mag is a rare one to find, let alone at that price.
Jon

Angus
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
JonB... that was MY Blackhawk!! How has it been treating you?

Rico1950
04-24-2011, 09:10 PM
BCB,
Just go to Galleryofguns.com. Use their Gun genie to search for your particular model and don't forget to put your zip code in. Select the gun your interested in and then click the get quote. The dealers in your area will appear with Their price for the particular gun you choose.

spqrzilla
04-24-2011, 09:23 PM
BCB,
I have a blue Redhawk in .44 magnum. I believe the stainless models are called the super Redhawk.

Not exactly. Most Redhawks are stainless steel as mentioned above. The Super Redhawk was never produced in blued steel.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-24-2011, 09:33 PM
JonB... that was MY Blackhawk!! How has it been treating you?

I'm very happy with it.
the first time I took it out, My daughter and SIL and another friend were all there.
they all loved shootin' it...it almost went home with the Daughter, But I got her
setup up with a Colt Trooper in 357 Mag.
It'll be cheaper to shoot if they need to shoot ammo that I have not loaded :shock:
which will probably rarely happen.
thanks again
Jon

PS I got a 3 cav. 41 cal WC mold from Accurate Molds. the BH loves the full WC

2 dogs
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Try Rugerforum.com

lots of nice folks there.