PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition Browning BPCR book

texasmac
04-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi guys (and gals),

I recently published the 2nd Edition of my book on the Miroku manufactured Browning and Winchester BPCRs. Titled, BROWNING MODEL 1885 BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE RIFLE, 2nd EDITION, the expanded 272 page book is ready for sale. It’s crammed full of just about everything you need to know about the rifles, especially if you ever have the need to tear one apart. If you’re interested, go to www.texas-mac.com and check out the details. While you’re there also check out the articles section.

I’ve had a few inquiries from guys that already have the 1st edition, wondering what was added and if it make sense to purchase the 2nd edition. Although I’d like to sell as many books as possible, I don’t believe it’s worth buying the 2nd edition if you already have the 1st edition. The changes and additional information includes the following:

Several typos were corrected, additional comments and supporting photos added to help clarify a few of the details and instructions, and some of the chamber/bore data was slightly updated due to additional information.

Subject matter additions include the following: Case Rim Edge Visible with Action Closed, Enlarging Eyecup Hole Diameters, “Floating” The Barrel to Improve Accuracy, and Mounting a Scope for Long Range Creedmoor Matches. Also, discussions on Firing Pin Removal & Installation and the Non-BPCR Ejector System are included.

Since the 1st edition was focused on the Browning 1885 BPCRs and to a lesser extent the Winchester versions of the same rifle, the assembly and disassembly chapters did not discuss the ejector system normally found on the non-BPCR models. Therefore, due to suggestions by several non-BPC rifle owners, a discussion covering the disassembly of the ejector system is included in Chapter E of the Appendix along with an exploded illustration & description of the ejector system parts.

Wayne

Four Fingers of Death
05-03-2011, 12:42 AM
The book arrived today, thanks.

I head off on a holiday on saturday for a few shooting matches and a big outback road/camping trip. It will keep me entertained in camp.

It is a very impressive book.

rbertalotto
05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Excellent book, but don't pick it up if you don't have time to read cover to cover........It's one of those books that once you start reading you can't put down.....A must have for anyone interested in the Winchester/Browning BPCR.

Four Fingers of Death
05-05-2011, 06:42 AM
I have started to read it, flipping from one section to another at this point getting answers to questions. I will read it front to back later (I might give the collector sections a miss, never been into that stuff).

One thing I couldn't find, the book mentions the stock finish is an oil look (can't remember the exact words). Will it take oil that is applied to the finish or is it a sealed finish? I remember rubbing some oil into it some time ago and it doesn't seem to feel oily as you would expect from a waterproof/sealed finish.

texasmac
09-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

If you’ve considered buying a copy of my book (Browning Model 1885 Black Powder Cartridge Rifle – 2nd Edition), for a limited time a small quantity is available for a reduced price ($10.00 off the regular price of $54.95) due to an error made by the binding company. The main body (text block) was cut shorter by 1/8”, resulting in a narrower margin on the right side of each page and slightly extended front and back covers. None of the text, photos, illustrations or any information is missing or compromised in any way, and the binding is of the highest quality. These books are available for $44.95 (includes shipping) to USA customers. To order, go to http://www.texas-mac.com, click on the ordering information page and look for the offer highlighted in red. I ship USPS priority mail the next business day following receipt of your order. Thanks.

See later (9/23) offer below for an additional discount.

Regards,
Wayne

texasmac
09-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Guys,

I decided to further reduce the discounted price to $39.95. That's $15.00 off the regular book price of $54.95. To order, go to http://www.texas-mac.com, click on the ordering information page and look for the offer highlighted in red. Thanks.

Wayne

texasmac
10-20-2011, 11:43 PM
I still have a few (very few) of the $39.95 books available. To order, go to http://www.texas-mac.com, click on the ordering information page and look for the offer highlighted in red. I ship USPS priority mail the next business day following receipt of your order. Thanks

Wayne

texasmac
10-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry, all the $39.95 discounted books have been sold. To purchase one at the regular price of $54.95 (includes shipping) go to http://www.texas-mac.com/ and click on the Book Ordering Info link.

Wayne