PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Edition Browning BPCR book

texasmac
04-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi guys (and gals),

I recently published the 2nd Edition of my book on the Miroku manufactured Browning and Winchester BPCRs. Titled, BROWNING MODEL 1885 BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE RIFLE, 2nd EDITION, the expanded 272 page book is ready for sale. It’s crammed full of just about everything you need to know about the rifles, especially if you ever have the need to tear one apart. If you’re interested, go to www.texas-mac.com and check out the details. While you’re there also check out the articles section.

I’ve had a few inquiries from guys that already have the 1st edition, wondering what was added and if it make sense to purchase the 2nd edition. Although I’d like to sell as many books as possible, I don’t believe it’s worth buying the 2nd edition if you already have the 1st edition. The changes and additional information includes the following:

Several typos were corrected, additional comments and supporting photos added to help clarify a few of the details and instructions, and some of the chamber/bore data was slightly updated due to additional information.

Subject matter additions include the following: Case Rim Edge Visible with Action Closed, Enlarging Eyecup Hole Diameters, “Floating” The Barrel to Improve Accuracy, and Mounting a Scope for Long Range Creedmoor Matches. Also, discussions on Firing Pin Removal & Installation and the Non-BPCR Ejector System are included.

Since the 1st edition was focused on the Browning 1885 BPCRs and to a lesser extent the Winchester versions of the same rifle, the assembly and disassembly chapters did not discuss the ejector system normally found on the non-BPCR models. Therefore, due to suggestions by several non-BPC rifle owners, a discussion covering the disassembly of the ejector system is included in Chapter E of the Appendix along with an exploded illustration & description of the ejector system parts.

Wayne

August
04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on getting a second edition out so quickly !!!

I hope you sell a million !

45bpcr
04-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Great Book!

45Bpcr

texasmac
05-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey there CD,

Thanks for the positive comment on my book. Say, I checked out you web site. Very nice and very well done.

Wayne