PDA

View Full Version : RE: Weaver Top Base Specs

klcarroll
04-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Is there a resource anywhere on-line that gives the actual physical dimensions of Weaver scope bases???? .......I have been searching without luck so far.

I am particularly interested in the radius cut into the bottom of the bases, because I want to match a base to a part I am machining. (NOT an existing receiver!)

I sent an inquiry to Weaver from their web site several days ago, ......and I am still waiting for a reply.

Thanks!

Kent

Calamity Jake
04-22-2011, 02:20 PM
If the dia of the piece you are making is .875 then the radius needed for your base is .437
Just use an .875 ball endmill ran along the base bottom.

Just figure it for any dia. you are making.

Doc Highwall
04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
The radius on the bottom of the base has to be smaller then the radius of the receiver or it will rock.

blindeye
04-30-2011, 11:20 AM
I don't know of an on-line source. But a local dealer here has stuck away in his back room; a older Weaver display case with an accompanying chart which has more info than my little chart. It also lists bases by hole spacing, screw size, height, and barrel radius. When I needed to find bases to fit something; after some (10minutes) discussion, I was reluctantly allowed to look over the chart to find what I needed. So, there is a master chart in print if you can locate one.
I tried to get a photo copy but wasn't able to.