PDA

View Full Version : Zinker shotgun shot?

Ohio Rusty
04-22-2011, 07:04 AM
With the amount of zinc WW's people are getting now, has anyone here with something like a littleton shot maker tried to make shot pellets from zinker WW's?
Zinc is lighter than lead, but it would be legal for waterfoul shot. When I melt these, I may try to pour them in my jighead mould to see if I can make some usable fishing jigs. Hopefully they fill out OK.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Vinne
04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
I talked to James Stawart (he makes drippers and a shotmaker) and he said that the drippers aren't made for zinc. I guess it may mess up the equipment. It would be nice to have one that could make zinc shot. I have a lot of waterfoulers that would buy all I could make!!

runfiverun
04-25-2011, 12:57 AM
the weight of the shot would be another problem.
besides the issues it would cause heat wise and the mess it would make of the littletons aluminum melting area.

Ohio Rusty
04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
It was a nice thought anyway .... Since I had acquired all the zinker WW's, I wanted to find another use for them.
Thanks for the advice guys ...........
Ohio Rusty ><>

Kingsley
04-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Funny you asked. I attempted to run some contaminated lead/zinc through my Littleton a couple weeks ago. In very small amounts of contamination it made pretty decent shot. When the zinc level got too high it did not work. I started to hear this popping sound when the shot was hitting the coolant, did some checking and the shot was actually exploding when it hit the coolant. Was very strange looking and light as a feather. Looked like a snow flack on steroids. I will attempt again and deluit out the contamination, I've got about 150 pounds of contaminated lead I got stuck with.

K