PDA

View Full Version : Scrounging, send the wife!

Defcon-One
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
I sent the wife out with a couple of five gallon buckets this morning because she was heading an hour North of where we live on business and she thought that it might be fun to see if she could find some used wheel weights for me.

Long story short, she did what I told her to and came back with over 200 pounds of lead weights. Two nearly full buckets. She always was lucky! I think that I am pretty well set now.

The best part is that they only charged her $20 for it all. Smart, attractive women can get things out of these guys that I can not! I may send her back again next month. I told her she could keep the buckets in her car if she wants to, just in case!

Oh yeah, she said that she had fun and they loaded it in the car for her. Now all I have to do is unload it.

DC-1

Longwood
04-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I sent the wife out with a couple of five gallon buckets this morning because she was heading an hour North of where we live on business and she thought that it might be fun to see if she could find some used wheel weights for me.

Long story short, she did what I told her to and came back with over 200 pounds of lead weights. Two nearly full buckets. She always was lucky! I think that I am pretty well set now.

The best part is that they only charged her $20 for it all. Smart, attractive women can get things out of these guys that I can not! I may send her back again next month. I told her she could keep the buckets in her car if she wants to, just in case!

Oh yeah, she said that she had fun and they loaded it in the car for her. Now all I have to do is unload it.

DC-1
Hmmm,,,,
A brassiere, two HUGE water balloons and a tight white Tee shirt.
They will never notice that I am a guy.

Defcon-One
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Longwood: Go for it, then let me know how it works out!

Longwood
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Think my beard would spoil it?

Longwood
04-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Just asking if they want me to get rid of the TOXIC WASTE for them is still working just fine. I stopped by a shop this morning and got about 80 lbs of WW for the asking. I have only checked here in this small town so far and have not even tried driving a few miles yet.
I did buy over 200 lbs from the recycle yard lately but it was mixed and I got it for 40 cents a lb. I got a lot of pure lead and a pig of Lino. in the mix.
One tire shop that gave me a bucket a couple of weeks back has a 55 gal barrel about 2/3rds full. I sort of see it like the stack of 1oz silver dollars that I paid $1 each for and had sense enough to hang on to. I plan on asking for that barrel when I go there next week for a couple of new tires.

no34570
04-22-2011, 02:23 AM
Hmmm,,,,
A brassiere, two HUGE water balloons and a tight white Tee shirt.
They will never notice that I am a guy.

:):):):)

no34570
04-22-2011, 02:26 AM

:shock: ROTFL :wink:

nanuk
04-22-2011, 04:56 AM

Nah... Just tell 'em Phyllis Diller is your hero, and You have had two more "FaceLifts" than her.... hence the beard....

Ohio Rusty
04-22-2011, 07:09 AM
I've asked my wife to do this twice and she refuses to get any WW's for me. Not everyone shares my enthusiasm. If I want them, it's up to me to get them .....

Ohio Rusty ><>

WHITETAIL
04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
You are very lucky to have a wife like that.:cbpour:

Bulldogger
04-22-2011, 08:49 AM

I was thinking the same thing about myself. I like wheel weights, but I'm not sure I'd shave for them....

Plus there's the danger of finding out you ENJOY cross-dressing. The danger of having to buy a new wardrobe, and otherwise waste good powder and primer money on something frivilous, I mean.:wink:

BDGR

Defcon-One
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
You are very lucky to have a wife like that.:cbpour:

Yes, I am very lucky! Fortunately, so is she!

UPDATE: I just finished sorting those two full buckets that the wife got, results are:

211.5 pounds Clip-On Wheel Weights
41 pounds Stick-On Wheel Weights
8.5 pounds Zincs and Steel, (1 lead/plastic strip SOWW)

So, 252.5 pounds of scrap lead, which should yeild about 215 pounds of ingots! Maybe I should buy her a pick up truck and some more buckets?

Longwood
04-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Now THAT is funny.