PDA

View Full Version : Win 94 .45LC ??

Poohgyrr
12-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Anyone shooting one of these?? How is it doing? A 16"er is available locally and I'm thinking...

snowtigger
12-14-2006, 03:45 AM
I've got the Trapper (16" barrel). I love it . So far I have had no failures of any kind. Mine is an AE model. I have converted it to a half cock model and removed that ugly cross-bolt safety. I filled the safety hole on the right side with the head from a 45 Colt cartridge case, It looks good (to me at least).I just epoxied it in. The small hole on the left has escaped my attention, so far.
What are they asking for it?

Cherokee
12-14-2006, 01:07 PM
I also have a Trapper in 45 Colt that I am happy with.

Old Ironsights
12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
If you can get it for a good price, (anything under $400) then buy it.

Poohgyrr
12-14-2006, 09:04 PM
He's asking $600, but I'm looking at two EMF .357s as well....

It looks like I missed the Keith .45 buy....

Old Ironsights
12-14-2006, 10:05 PM
That's in the "How bad do I want it" price range. It's not obscenely outrageous, but it's high for a gun you used to could buy for the price of an EMF.

FWIW I bought a 2003 9410 for $400, and AFAIK they are a lot more "limited" run guns...

I really like my EMF/Rossi M92 .357.

Why not get a Rossi in .45LC?

Personally I'd base the caliber decision on what handgun I have, and the 94/92 decision on how much "extra" money I had to spend on a rifle that may or may not go up in value.

tanstafl10
12-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Poohgyrr

I have a M94 in 45 Colt w/ curved butt plate and octagonal barrel. You could not pry it from my hands. I cannot think of any gun I have more fun shooting. This Limited Edition was $563 when I bought it new three years ago.

I have put a lot of ammo through just plinking and just cannot get enough shooting with it. Also, have taken 3 white tail w/ it. 2 with a commercial cast bullet and one last Saturday with my own cast SWC. I love the gun, but you have to decide whether it is worth the price.

this probably does not help, but only yoy can decide if it is worth it!!

also, the idea about what handgun caliber you have is a good one. I am partial to 45 calibers and have SAA in 45 Colt to go along with this M94.

Remember dreaming is half the fun, so have at it!!

Good Luck either way.

Poohgyrr
12-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Yup....

I have been trying to stay away from .45LC, only because I'll end up wanting a couple of handguns, an dthen more Levers, in that caliber. I don't have any .45LCs now..

I'm looking to pickup a .357 locally if possible, hopefully opne that matches my 16" EMF .44.

J Miller
12-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Win 94 .45LC ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone shooting one of these?? How is it doing? A 16"er is available locally and I'm thinking...

John, don't think - do. I've had my Win 94AE Trapper in .45 Colt since 1986. I've got several thousand rounds through it without any problems, not caused by myself.

They are a very nice and handy little levergun.

Joe

Poohgyrr
12-24-2006, 04:42 PM
:)

This is a Wrangler model, and I actually looked at it for my buddy who is looking for a .45 caliber Levergun. Then I dug out my .44 Wrangler, and the .45LC bug started biting me again.

And for the price, I could get a tuned .45 EMF from Steve Young..... I like the Winchester M94's, but I really like the "working rifle" appearance of the EMF M92s.

Or I could maybe look for one of the 16" Miroku/Winchesters - probably cost a bit more these days though...

Anyway, the owner will send me pics soon, & I sorta need to give my buddy first dibbs before I grab it...

One of these would go well with that .45LC Mountain revolver S&W made recently......

:Fire:

Nazgul
12-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I have a Legacy in 45 Colt. My shooting buddy and i have put a lot of rounds through them in the last couple of years. Have set of gongs at 125 yards that get worked over regularly.

NickSS
12-25-2006, 12:14 AM
I have a 94 AE trapper model in 45 Colt that I have had for a number of years. I like the trappers so well that I have an entire set of them (all the calibers) The only one I ever had trouble with is the 357 Mag. I broke two cartridge lifters in it once when brand new and the next about six months ago. Both were during rapid fire when a second round came out of the mag tube under the lifter and it broke when I closed the action. The 357 liter is norrower and does not have a lifting arm on both sides this is a weak point. As the part cost me about $40 I do not ues this rifle for real rapid fire anymore. The 45 has never caused me a problem neither have my 30-30 or 44 mag for that matter.