PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Accutrimmer problem

Thinktwicez71
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
i need some insight here to my problem with my lyman accutrimmer. i bought it new about 2 years ago , just never really got to messing with it. i noticed no matter how i tighten the slide part that slides in to cut it doesn't seem to want to line up with the brass or the bullet i want to try to hollow point. it seems like it doesn't want to center. is there something im doing wrong ? or ?

it seems to slant down out of alignment when the screw is tight .

the picture is still with the pilot on it , so with a drill bit it won't be centered where i need it

Wayne Smith
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
That's why it uses pilots for the trimmer. It's not designed to HP, the shell holder is not near stable or square enough.

Bent Ramrod
04-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think any of them, especially the horizontal ones, would line up straight enough to drill in the center of a cartridge as it is hanging out of the shell holder. The Forster holds them as straight as any, but its hollow pointer includes a bushing or guide that you slip over the bullet nose to center the drill as it goes in.

1hole
04-24-2011, 08:03 AM
A misuse of the tool, it isn't made to be an unguided hollow pointer. In fact, no case trimmer is.