PDA

View Full Version : Mihec

dirkdiggler
04-18-2011, 02:52 AM
I have just ordered one of the "45 colt ruger only" molds that will be shipped out today. Can someone help me with the break in procedure for the mold? I tried the search feature and have not came up with anything? Looking forward to getting the mold....thanks in advance..

Crash_Corrigan
04-18-2011, 04:43 AM
Just scrub it well with comet or toothpaste and hot water and a toothbrush for about 15 minutes.

Then place it on a hot plate for a half hour and let it get hot. Then turn off the juice and let it cool down. Then heat it up again a few more times and let it cool down.

Then clean it again as possibly some of the oil may have moved to the surface and then heat it again and with a load of hot alloy fill one cavity.

Break the sprue and decant the boolit. Do it a few more times and then add alloy to two cavities and then finally fill them all.

By this time the mold will have reached a good operational temperature and your boolits should be coming out good.

Get into the zone and churn out some boolits and never look back. Using the Bullshop Sprue Plate lube after the mold is hot will help a ton. It is great stuff.

Happy casting.

Dan

LUCKYDAWG13
04-18-2011, 05:23 AM
thanks for the info i have the same mold on the way too

johnvid
04-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I use a toothbrush and scrub with alcohol. Then I use Dawn dishwasher detergent and give the mould another good scrubbing.

Now I set the mould on a hotplate or electric stove top. Let it heat up for about 15 minutes.

Usually I can start casting after a single cycle of cleaning.

For the sprue plate and pins I use the sprue lube that Miha sends with his mould, it works fine for me.

dirkdiggler
04-18-2011, 08:24 AM
thanks fellas just what I needed to know.

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I clean my molds with break cleaner . . .

Nrut
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
I clean my molds with break cleaner . . .
Same here..
Then I dip the front edge of the mold in the melt for 30-45 seconds and start casting..
So what if if takes a few casts to throw the perfect boolit..
It's not like we are being graded on what the first cast looks like..

Bullplate is your friend..:grin:

LUCKYDAWG13
04-18-2011, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=johnvid;

For the sprue plate and pins I use the sprue lube that Miha sends with his mould, it works fine for me.[/QUOTE]

when you cast you put lube on the pins

Doby45
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes you sure do. I put it on the pins and then in the pin holes also..