PDA

View Full Version : ?? on bullplate or similar mould lubes

FN in MT
04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Been trying to access the Bull Plate lube peoples site for a few days...ERROR is all I get. So sent an e mail.

Any other mould lubes readily available?

Just got a new brass Mihac mould and want to break it in properly. For some reason he didn't include any lube with the mould.

FN in MT

RobS
04-17-2011, 02:42 PM
In the mean time, get a good quality 2 cycle oil. The trick is to apply a very little amount of it otherwise it will run into the cavities which will create all kinds of mold fill out issues. Apply a thin layer on the pins and then on the underneath side of the sprue plate with a Q-tip and then turn the Q-tip around to the dry side and wipe off any excess. A little is the way to go as you can always apply a bit more if you need it; too much and you have to stop the session, cool the mold down and then wash it out with hot water and dish soap (Dawn is what I use).

Send Bullshop a PM here on the forum.......he's here on regular basis.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=141

FN in MT
04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
2 Cycle oil? You mean the tiny bottles one adds to GAS to make the mix?? I do have a few STIHL bottles in the garage.

I'll send him a PM...Thank You for the information.

FN in MT

RobS
04-17-2011, 02:54 PM
2 Cycle oil? You mean the tiny bottles one adds to GAS to make the mix?? I do have a few STIHL bottles in the garage.

I'll send him a PM...Thank You for the information.

FN in MT

Yep, that will work and synthetic is better in my opinion.

Also, make sure to lube the sprue plate bolt area of the sprue plate as this is where much of the friction is going to occur. I do this by closing the sprue plate and then from the corner of the block (sprue plate bolt corner) apply a bit of pressure from the oil soaked Q-tip where the mold/sprue plate gap is. Again, it's easy to over apply so work on the light side at first as you can reapply if needed.

geargnasher
04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
API-TC, preferably.

Gear

Bad Water Bill
04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Dan addressed his web problem here yesterday.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=113874

You can still PM him and order the fantastic BULLPLATE LUBE. Try it you will love those ROUND bottom bottles.

CAUTION Never order just one bottle. Don't ask me how I know.

FN in MT
04-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Appreciate the info Gentlemen. Decided to size/lube about 2K of 9mm slugs, as well as get loading some .45 acp 200 SWC's for this years IDPA matches. So not really in a huge hurry...other than the kid in me wanting to try out that sweet new mould!

I e mailed him. No reply by tommorow.... I'll PM him. Going to buy TWO vials too.

Have to LAUGH at the variety of AVATARS here. Gearknasher...your RAT is priceless. But BadWaterBill...your's takes the cake!

Mine is my old , now gone Malamute Wiley sleeping as he did most of the time...on his back.

FN in MT

Love Life
04-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Another good use for Bullplate is to eliminate vent line fins. Apply a little around the dges of the cavities and presto. No more fins.

MiHec
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Been trying to access the Bull Plate lube peoples site for a few days...ERROR is all I get. So sent an e mail.

Any other mould lubes readily available?

Just got a new brass Mihac mould and want to break it in properly. For some reason he didn't include any lube with the mould.

FN in MT

Did you look closely? Sometimes it is wrap in paper....

Otherwise let me know and I will send you some :mrgreen:

gray wolf
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Mi Hec = What a guy.

BadWaterBill...your's takes the cake!
Hey he really looks like that.

My Mal sleeps on her back all the time, feet straight up in the air, like wanting a tummy rub.
I think it's to cool off.
I tried it and what do you know ? Julie tripped over me, said get off the floor.
Your an old Goat not a Dog.

Doby45
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
IF you do go ahead and get 2 cyl to make it through the dry spell make sure it is MARINE as it seems to last longer than normal 2 cyl oil. That is what I used until I got my Bull Plate in. Will not cast without Bull Plate now..

Bad Water Bill
04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
[B]Hey he really looks like that

Hey I represent that. :bigsmyl2:

FN in MT
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Did you look closely? Sometimes it is wrap in paper....

Otherwise let me know and I will send you some :mrgreen:

No not in the paper...took that out and tried to read what I could to see whats going on in your part of the World.

I'm IN on the .41 mould group buy..so I'll have a bottle on the way soon enough. Don't worry about sending it.

Thank You though! VERY kind of you.

FN in MT

pdawg_shooter
04-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Permatex Anti-Seize works real good too.