PDA

View Full Version : chore boy = crack heads

rp85
04-16-2011, 12:42 PM
hello;

i'm not tying to b.s. anyone this is what the lady told me.

but first, the issue of leading is a problem we all face at one time or another. many here have suggested getting chore boy copper pads found at wal-mart. went to 4 local wal-marts and could not find chore boy copper pads.

asked the lady at wal-mart working that area why they stopped carrying chore boy copper pads. she looked at me for a little bit and then said the crack heads were buying the pads and putting them in their crack pipes when they smoked their crack.

stopped sell the product and it becomes a non issue.

went to a winn dixie and found an all copper pad made by "o ceder". $2.49 + tax for two pads. tried them and the work just great.

rp

wvmedic
04-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I will have to try Kroger or the like. I found the crack head thing on the urban dictionary site when I googled chore boy.

Jeff

Wots
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Thats real good thunkin. Get rid of the chore boy and get rid of the drug problem.................
Why did they not think of this years ago.........................
:killingpc

44man
04-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The copper sulfate or whatever burning copper will give out should cut down the crack heads.

kyswede
04-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I bought 2 packages of "Copper Scrubbers" at the local $ store. When I got home I checked with a magnet and they are copper plated steel. No mention of "steel "or "plating" on the package. Guess I will start carrying a magnet with me when shopping.
kyswede

buck1
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Most stores have them at the service desk. I always have to ask for them and I wonder if they think Im a junkie!
I am a lead junkie by the way!

Guesser
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I learned to carry a small magnet with me when I go for Chore Boys/copper scrubbers. I brought home several before I learned to save time and money with the magnet.

firefly1957
04-16-2011, 03:21 PM
What is the world coming to!

Charlie Two Tracks
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I just don't get it. Who ever makes these decisions should get some serious help. That would be great if taking copper pads off the market would stop the use of crack but it don't. I contacted my State Senator awhile back (Rolland Burris) about getting concealed carry and he wrote back that we needed stricter gun control because of the gang problem in Chicago. Since he is no longer a Senator, he may well be the one making the decisions on copper scrubbing pads.

BCall
04-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I doubt it's a matter of "We'll quit selling them to help stop drug use!" The local Wal-mart quit selling antifreeze testers, the little things you use to test to see if your antifreeze is good to a certain temperature. Seems it had a glass tube in it that could be used for a drug pipe. Crack heads weren't buying them, they were STEALING them. Keeping them on the shelf cost more than they made off of selling them, so they quit carrying them.

Big stores like that make very few decisions that aren't based on profit. If it costs more in theft than an item is worth, they stop carrying it.

Bret4207
04-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Once again I will bring forth the apparently unknown information that simple, available everywhere. 4/0 steel wool will remove leading and fouling just like Chore Boy/Girl and will NOT harm your barrel. It's what your gunsmith uses to polish the bluing on your barrel. It's also coated in oil and gives crackheads lung cancer.

nouseforaname1246
04-16-2011, 05:53 PM
oh great now i have to worry about crackheads breaking in to steal my chore boys!

imashooter2
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I buy Chore Boy by the case via mail order (they work great on pots too). I guess that puts me in a database somewhere. :rolleyes:

ColColt
04-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Sounds to me like the drug heads of the world are ruling. I think every pusher that's indicted for distributing any drug should automatically be given 30 days in the electric chair. What hacks me off, they highly laud alcohol on TV, billboards and trucks yet you best not dare put one cigarette commercial on TV, magazines or anywhere else. How stupid. When's the last time you saw someone fire up a Marlboro, get onto the Intestate and because of their "impaired judgment" from nicotine wipes out an entire generation? How many murders, suicides and domestic violence has been due to nicotine addiction? The whole thing p***es me off.

I couldn't find Chore Boy anywhere here. I did find O Cedar at Walgreen's and it seems to be pure copper so I've been using that. It breaks easy, non-magnetic so I have to assume it's the real stuff like Chore Boy.

9.3X62AL
04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Issue Crackhead/Meth Monster tags. 5 for $25/Residents, 5 for $250/Non-Residents. That would ease the budget crunch.

Like the deer tags, these must be counter-signed by game warden or peace officer. After sign-off, bodies must be transported by the hunter to morgue for disposal.

End of problem regarding Chore-Boy, crime rates, and other related issues. Trial lawyers won't like it, but maybe they can expand into probate or Worker's Comp, and become a PITA for other people instead of crime victims.

Doble Troble
04-16-2011, 08:04 PM
We're allowing ourselves to be treated as if we're no different than gang members or drug abusers. Does anyone else see the conflict between this and liberty?

I think we'd better start standing up or soon we won't have the supplies or tools to do anything worth doing.

markinalpine
04-16-2011, 09:10 PM
oh great now i have to worry about crackheads breaking in to steal my chore boys!

I've learned the hard way that the drug abuse problem extends to rural, conservative(:cry::mad:), small towns too.
Anyway, if some doper/stoner/crack head got past my "Homeland Security Unit", photo below, 3" 00 Buck ought to take care of him (1 in the chamber, 6 in the extended magazine.
Mark :shock:

Idaho Sharpshooter
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Brett,

those other guys: one was president, the other was a multi-billionaire.

You are like me: a cranky, opinionated old fart!

Rich

475BH
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I also use 4O steel wool, if it doesn't take blueing off it sure won't harm a barrel.
They are prolly cheaper than the copper ones and you can find it almost anywhere.

Three44s
04-17-2011, 12:21 AM
If you find a tweaker attached to your Chore boy package as a leach from a tropical swamp ......... you have my permission to use a base ball bat to remove said leach so you can be the sole beneficiary of the magic of the copper pad!

Take magnet and BASE BALL BAT when shopping!

Three 44s

9.3X62AL
04-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Mark--

That's a fine-looking security associate you have there. Gotta love a BFD! (Large Aggressive Canine).

Bret4207
04-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Brett,

Rich

????????? I have no idea what this in reference to.

Edit to add-
Ah! My tag line, got it.

XWrench3
04-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Good Lord! whats next. athey going to stop selling kleenex because drug snorters use them? this is the only place i know of, where the general population has to pay every day for the criminals behavior. it is a crock of horse pucky. give the damn criminals a lead pill every time, instead of a slap on the wrist, and one way or the other, the problem will at least get better. but whan "the man" coddles the criminal and druggie, it is only going to get worse, for average joe.

songdog53
04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Where do these dope heads come up with all these ideas? Seems they find solutions to their problems lot better than our so called elected officals do. Why should i be treated like crack head when all i want is something that is going to used for what it supposed to be used for ....but no i am bundled in with crack heads. Why should we be punished for what bunch of dope heads are doing.

chaos
04-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Good Lord! whats next. athey going to stop selling kleenex because drug snorters use them? this is the only place i know of, where the general population has to pay every day for the criminals behavior. it is a crock of horse pucky. give the damn criminals a lead pill every time, instead of a slap on the wrist, and one way or the other, the problem will at least get better. but whan "the man" coddles the criminal and druggie, it is only going to get worse, for average joe.

Yes sir, I agree. Kinda like putting Sudaphed behind the counter and making a man sign paperwork to buy a box. It's just stupid "Feel Good Legislation"

I have a "No Count" family member who used to Be a Meth Chef. He thought this was the funniest law ever back when it came out. It seems that criminals dont actually walk into stores and buy key ingredients for making their dope a package at a time. He claimed they actually steal it by the case or buy it on the black market or from crooked employees by the pickup bed load at deep discounts. He's "Workin for the State" now

Hiding Chore boy from crack heads? Prolly works about as good as making it illegal for felons to own guns, etc....

Marvin S
04-17-2011, 10:43 AM
I guess that explains why there was chore boys at the local quickie mart, I thought it was a little out of place. I buy them to also clean my cast iron pots and pans.

canyon-ghost
04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Yes, another one for 4 oh or #0000 steel wool. I use it to refinish grips and forends. Never had leading bad enough for abrasives, soak in Kroil and bronze brush. Alternate between Kroil and mineral spirits enough and it will clean up.

PS: Them crack heads and meth tweakers are still wondering why there is a segment of the population that still has gun rights! Seems they think everyone would be like them (they seriously can't claim they are normal?).

Lizard333
04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Am I the only guy using good old fashion lead cloth?? Takes a little while but does a really nice job. Then again, never had leading enough to warrant the use of drug paraphernalia.

arjacobson
04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Issue Crackhead/Meth Monster tags. 5 for $25/Residents, 5 for $250/Non-Residents. That would ease the budget crunch.

Like the deer tags, these must be counter-signed by game warden or peace officer. After sign-off, bodies must be transported by the hunter to morgue for disposal.

End of problem regarding Chore-Boy, crime rates, and other related issues. Trial lawyers won't like it, but maybe they can expand into probate or Worker's Comp, and become a PITA for other people instead of crime victims.

I like that idea. Lets throw in welfare abusers too. I see the crank head/welfare pigs everyday out on the street.. They are usually the ones who are causing 99% of the problems we have in town..

mdi
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM
We're allowing ourselves to be treated as if we're no different than gang members or drug abusers. Does anyone else see the conflict between this and liberty?

I think we'd better start standing up or soon we won't have the supplies or tools to do anything worth doing.

Lead is an excellent example of this. "Greenies" are trying to remove all traces of lead from our environment "for our own good"...
B.S.

Tom W.
04-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Does anyone remember hash pipes and the screen that went into them? Screen wasn't regulated, just turned into plastic...

XWrench3
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Lead is an excellent example of this. "Greenies" are trying to remove all traces of lead from our environment "for our own good"...
B.S. i agree 100%. all the special intrest groups are the only ones washington is paying attention to. why? BECAUSE THEY BRIBE THEM TO!

"Does anyone remember hash pipes and the screen that went into them? Screen wasn't regulated, just turned into plastic..." i thought it was a fine brass screen. yamaha motorcycle oil filters were supposed to be a great peice, after you cleaned the crud out of them.

DJ1
04-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Fella's, your looking at this all wrong........there are two easy solutions, ask your local crack head where he gets his Chor boy, or just go around robbing your local crack heads, either way you should have an ample supply to accomodate your needs until you resolve your leading issue.

thegreatdane
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Brett,

Rich

I'm a cranky, opinionated, young fart.

Lively Boy
04-18-2011, 11:30 PM
try to find strike anywhere matches.....crackheads strike again

Longwood
04-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Nonsense!
They were banned (and for a good reason) long before there were any crack heads.

thegreatdane
04-19-2011, 01:29 AM
I buy my strike anywheres at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Bret4207
04-19-2011, 06:34 AM
We still buy strike anywhere's at the supermarket.

foxtrapper
04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
No problem buying here in the North East. Yep 99% pure copper! http://www.choreboyscrubbers.com/FAQs.aspx

shotman
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Most states have banned the matches but you can order a case from Diamond
Brownells sell a pad called Gun Scrubber I think it is stainless but will not scratch the blueing. It will cut pitting rust and leave blue untouched. It works for leading too and dont hurt barrel. I have used it on a SS handgun to clean the face of cylinders and makes them look new

Harter66
04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Another for 4/0 wool ,some of the old stores out here still carry brass/copper wool too.

My Dad always thought the athorities ought to put all the violent users,pushers,etc in a fenced compound with the siezed "contraband",problem solved,they od or kill eachother.

Turkey fryer,nice cars,off the hiway home,paint thinner,alergy meds,looks like I might be a cook.

tomf52
04-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Any sizeable hardware or home store has bronze wool. Much better than chore boy for removing lead anyway. Available in several different grades.

fredj338
04-22-2011, 03:20 PM
I stay out of Walmart if at all possible. Most local markets carry the ChoreBoy. I won't put steel wool or steel brushes in my guns bbls. Can't be good, if anything it may roughen the bbl surface, making leading worse.

Longwood
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I was told as a kid that mice like to chew on the strike anywhere matches for the salts and have set fires. I don't have any now but if I did, I would keep them in a jar or can with a lid.
I used to shoot them in a BB gun. They pop when they hit something hard.