PDA

View Full Version : Ram shot true blue

bigboredad
04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Has anyone had any experience with ram shot true blue in the .45 colt with standard pressures and Ruger only loads. I can get it very cheap here locally however I cannot seem to find very much load data for it. I would really like it for a replacement for unique with the 280g bullets and some 340 grain bullets. Of all the reloading manuals I have I have one load for true blue and it's for a .454 casull

Bullshop
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM
When True Blue came out I looked at the burn rate to see if it would be compatible with my 22 CCM. From what I found I would place it about between Blue Dot and 2400.
That would make it quite some slower that Unique.

bigboredad
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks bullshop that helps a lot. I guess I should have put that I hope it's slower than unique

RobS
04-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Quite a bit slower than Unique, Faster than HS-7, a bit slower than HS-6..............all in regards to burn rate for the 45 Colt/454 Casull cartridges...........at least in my experience.

I've played the game of trying to find an acceptable powder to replace HS-7 (it appears there really isn't one) for mid-house 454 Casull Loads........... AA#7's is close though to HS-7.

True blue is a very fine powder like AA#9 and doesn't fill the case worth a hoot and can give you some larger ES's in the bigger cases.

If Ramshot powders are available and cheap there then Silhouette would be a good substitute that's similar to or a bit slower than Unique.