PDA

View Full Version : found something good!

garry r
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
i was talking to a candle maker on moday about bees wax and he said he didnt haveany but he had something i could try . it was a candle wax made with vegatble oil. i hope im in the right forum but anyway i used it today on some 405 gr over 62 gr of black just to see what it would do. i only got to shoot five rounds but i cleaned it with 4 wet patches and there was not one speck of leading or hard fouling all along the bbl. its a 30 inch barell. i tried to find lead but there wasnt any. im gonna do some more and see but if anybody wants some i can guive you his contact info and you can go from there . i was so suprised i had to tell somebody

waksupi
04-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Very interesting, sounds like some good stuff to do further testing with!

Hardcast416taylor
04-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Trust a candlemaker to "shed some light on the topic".Robert

geargnasher
04-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Several folks here have experimented with Soy wax as a boolit lube, good success was reported. I think it was Wiljen and Sagacious that had done the most work, if my recollector is working. Hydrogenated soy oil (called "wax" by candlemakers) has some unique properties that are good for boolit lube, all except it's low ambient heat tolerance. Not a good Summer lube in hot climates.

Gear

fryboy
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
it's also 1/3 of dick dastardly's "pearl lube" , pearl lube was designed for black but as many black powder type lubes it works well for smokeless , at least for the mid to lower velocity stuff , i turned my buddy on to it and it's all he uses now for his 44-40 , to be fair mostly smokeless but he also loads a fair amount of black and pyrodex as well