PDA

View Full Version : Sig P220 22 conversion

mpbarry1
04-14-2011, 01:27 AM
I just got a 22 conversion kit from Sig. The instructions say that I should use high velocity rounds, so I tried my favorite federal high velocity. They shot well, but would not feed. Has anyone else had issues with this kit? Can you recommend a cartriage for this kit? I'm afraid the magazine isn't seating properly.

bobthenailer
04-14-2011, 07:58 AM
A friend bought the complete sig 220 22 lr pistol . he did not say anything to me about any problems !
I did not when i shot it !

roysha
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
"I'm afraid the magazine isn't seating properly."

Please explain.

mpbarry1
04-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I called Sig today and got an answer. If you bought one of kits 2008 or earlier, the magazines do not fit tightly up into the frame. That's what I meant by seating. They gave me a return number and I will send the magazine Back for a upgraded one that is supposed to work. I will let u know how it goes. Strange Sig didn't change it out before they sent it, but so it goes.

xr650
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't have a conversion for my 220.
The mosquitoes thrive on mini mags.

roysha
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Your conversation with SIG is quite interesting. I purchased one of the 220 conversions as soon as they were available, which I assume was sometime in 2008 or prior, I don't have my records here at this computer. I bought 4 extra magazines from BOTAC, if I recall correctly, so I could load a box of ammo at a time. With the exception of some subsonic RWS, ELEY and AGUILA I have not found any ammo that did not function well. Of course, some was more accurate than others but all fed and ejected reliably, even the cheap Wal-Mart bulk stuff. Mine does show a decided preference for Winchester Super-X with the older Wildcat a very close second.

My Mosquito was such a pain in the patoot as far as reliability I couldn't wait to get rid of it. However, I will say that it is the only auto loader that I have found that would handle the AQUILA SSS reliably and accurately. Still not enough reason to keep the miserable little *** around.

Defcon-One
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
The Federal .22 LR bullets are softer.

Just in case....

Try CCI Mini-Mag .22 LR with the 40 grain solid. They are hard, copper plated, waxed and feed thru almost anything! They are a little pricey, but not too bad. Most important, they really do work.

mpbarry1
05-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks Defcon. I tried the new Mag and it fed much better. only jammed once per mag with the federals. i will try the minimags next weekend. I'm hopeful.

mpbarry1
05-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Tried the mini mags today. It worked perfectly. Fed 6 magazines without a hitch! Thanks for the help everyone. Now I I need to find the mini mags in bulk!