PDA

View Full Version : lyman top punch question

pahandgunhunter
04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
lyman lubrisizer top punch.

need to know which one is compatable with lee 501 440 gr
lee part number DC C501-440-RF
lyman site only references the lyman molds.

Thanks,

Bill

04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Click on Castpics, at the bottom of the page...they have a top punch cross reference.

That said, Lee's nose profiles are unique and a cross referenced punch will not be an exact fit and, more than likely, will impart a ring on the nose. You can live with it or, better yet, make am impression of the nose by using hot melt glue, JB Weld, etc.

theperfessor
04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
If you don't have one that fits already then see my sig line. I have hollow cup punches for LYMAN/RCBS style lubers for $8.50 including shipping. They're designed to be filled with JB Weld so you can customize them to fit your exact bullet. Also have improved shank that doesn't require setscrew to lock it in place.

04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
If you don't have one that fits already then see my sig line. I have hollow cup punches for LYMAN/RCBS style lubers for $8.50 including shipping. They're designed to be filled with JB Weld so you can customize them to fit your exact bullet. Also have improved shank that doesn't require setscrew to lock it in place.

Now, how could I have forgotten that? And, so soon, too!

Indeed, theperfessor has the answer to everyone's top punch needs...a product that is not only of top quality and workmanship, but fairly priced, too boot.