PDA

View Full Version : IMA 1853 Enfields

Mustangpalmer1911
04-13-2011, 04:42 AM
am thinking about ordering on of IMA 1853 Enfields just to clean up as a wall hanger. I know they have no U.S. history but I think it would be a cool display pice. Anyone have any experance with IMA and/or their 1853 Enfields?

NickSS
04-13-2011, 05:49 AM
No but I do own a 1853 Enfield made in Birmingham in 1861. It's all complete but the bore is rough and the stock is shrunk but it makes a great wall hanger. I bought it years ago for $50 from my Dentist when he was retiring. He told me that his grandfather brought it home from the CW.

Wayne Smith
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
No US history?? Significant use in the Civil War, and preferred by some over the Springfield.

Mustangpalmer1911
04-13-2011, 11:13 AM
No US history?? Significant use in the Civil War, and preferred by some over the Springfield.

These specific rifles we're mostly made in Nepal and very few in Britain none of them were issued to U.S. Troops or even made it to the U.S.

truckjohn
04-13-2011, 09:26 PM
IMA does still have many really nice rifles - and many even make really good shooters.... They are also a great company to do business with....

Just be aware that many have severe pitting in the rifle barrels that makes them unsuitable for shooting..... So.. if you want one you can shoot - be sure to ask for that and buy one that has been cleaned up.... as the "Untouched" ones are literally covered in 1/4" of dried yak grease and bird poo - and they can't tell what's under it...

Thanks