PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Sights ?

ia1727
04-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Anybody use Skinner Sights on any of your Marlins ? Would like to hear pro's and con's.

Thanks,

Steve

robertbank
04-12-2011, 11:25 AM
I put the Skinner peep sight on my Rossi. I am pleased with it. If you order one get the smallest aperture along with the one that comes with the sight. If you want to do some fine target work the smaller aperture would be better. Product is of good quality.

Take Care

Bob

Dobetown
04-12-2011, 06:37 PM
I had Dr. Tim make a thicker post front sight and then added the Skinner rear sight. When I took the Marlin 94 44 mag out to shoot it was almost sighted in. Good luck for me. I have talked to the owner, seems like a good guy.;-)

stubshaft
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I use an Ashley Ghost sight which if IIRC is identical to the Skinner on my 1895's. They work very well for me and that big aperture coupled with the white line front just helps me focus more quickly. One of the better hunting sighting systems I have ever used.

rollmyown
04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Vast improvement on the stock Marlin sight. Fast target aquisition will turn your Marlin into a more efficient hunting rifle.

1Papalote
04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I have several dove-tailed front sights made by Skinner. I can have them made to order!! Have not tried the rear peeps but plan to do so some day.

1Papalote

kelbro
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I have them on two 1894s and they work great.

GREYGHOST
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I have one mounted in the dovetail of a Marlin 336 CB barrel. Got mine in stainless as the bluing on the blued ones seem to be a little rough, and I one in blue mounted on the receiver, but it was so high I had to get the highest front sight Tim had. Made it look like a guthook, lol. So, I sent it back for the dovetail sight and like it alot better. Allows me to shoot better than with the semi-buckhorn style rear sights.

Bulltipper
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
I got the tactical rear sight for my 444S and it is beautiful. The wings on the side of the peep sight make the rifle perfect for a saddle scabbord and the peep makes accuracy and acquisition better than the buckhorn by a longshot. I am in the process of trying to get a Sourdough front sight from him right now, it's been slow going but hopefully worth the wait.
I will be happy to give him a great review here when this is all over...

mustanggt
04-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I have 2 skinner sights on a 94 and 95 Marlin. Both very excellent and of good quality.