PDA

View Full Version : Good Day - Great finds!

Roundnoser
04-10-2011, 11:03 PM
I went to the range today to do a little target practice and befriended a couple of guys who were also shooting (45 ACP). Within an hour we were doing more talking than shooting. One guy, after finding out I cast my own boolits, said he was retired from a telephone company and had stored up almost 300 pounds of soft lead cable sheathing at home. He said I could have it! I offered to pay but he refused.... said it had been under his porch for years, and was never gonna use it -- Neither of these guys reloaded so I also acquired all of thier once-fired 45 brass! (200 pieces).

And the best part of my day: A friend called me later in the day and said he had just bought a whole bunch of old reloading stuff. He asked me to look it over and figure out what he had / what it was worth. One of the items was an excellent condition 4-cavity Lyman 358477. This was a mold I had wanted for awhile, but was waiting for a good deal on one. Well, I got it!!! He sold it to me for 40 bucks.

I wish I had more days like this one![smilie=w:

Defcon-One
04-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I wish that I had ONE day like that!

Great finds!

It almost always pays to talk to people and tell them about your bullet casting, especially other shooters. It often leads to LUCKY days. I imagine that there is a lot more good lead lying around under porches out there......