PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Used Redding G-RX Die or Lee Carbide Crimp Die to remove 40SW Bulge

44 WCF
04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Has anyone used the Redding G-RX die to remove the case bulge that some autloading pistols create, or the Lee Carbide Crimp Die as push through with the crimp adjustmen removed. I cast 40 S&W for different friends and some are not reloaders and I agreed to load as a favor or trade for concrete work. Anyway, right away least one or more their pistols leave a bulge that my sizing die wont' remove completely. I've been toldl you can use a Lee Carbide crimp die with crimp plug removed and push the brass completely through to remove the bulge, was told to lube lightly. And now I just read about the Redding G-RX die special design to do the same. STandard about $30 carbide double that with Midway or Grafs. Any input would be appreciated, to prevent what I've been told can be case rupture with some auto pistols.
Thanks

gofasttodd
04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
i have used a lee bullet sizing die before

Doby45
04-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I have used the Factory Crimp Die with all it's guts removed as a push through die and it works great.

Firebricker
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I just got my Redding die for .40 brass and it works great. I bought the non carbide one which is less expensive. It comes with wax case lube but I only lube every few cases and they go right through. FB

44 WCF
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Gonna try it this weekend, first with the lee cause I already have one.

Doby45
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
With the Lee you ain't gotta lube nothin, it is carbide. that gives it an automatic edge there. ;)