PDA

View Full Version : A thought about 45/45/10 lube

Chicken Thief
04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
As SC Johnson is a Swedish company and the paste wax an American thing (cant be had in europe), i did some digging. Here is a link for the pdf file containing data for paste wax.

http://www.freemansupply.com/MSDS/scanned/Other/Johnsonpastewax.pdf

As it can be seen the majority is a solvent wich you boil the snot out of and is left with paraffin wax and canauba wax. So why not just cut to the chase and start with paraffin wax from the beauty store? After all paraffin wax is just hair remover wax!

So the new formula would be:
4 parts paraffin wax
1 part canauba wax
5 parts LLA
1 part spirits

Have i lost it or is this cosher?

Charlie Two Tracks
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd say......... give it a shot and let us know how it went. You can call it the 4151 chicken lube! Really.

noylj
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
There are large crystalline paraffin (canning wax) and soft crystalline paraffin (cosmetic) and micro-crystalline wax (the type that would be "best").

mdi
04-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Off hand, I can't remember who, but someone on this forum "shortcut" the 45-45-10 by melting a bit of carnuba wax and adding alox. I believe he thinned with mineral spirits and used it as a tumble lube. Results were good.

Was that RandyRat? My remember center got radiation burns when I was treated for somthing, I can't remember....:???: