PDA

View Full Version : Today was a good day for ww's...

shoot-n-lead
04-07-2011, 10:59 PM
My daughter had a soccer game in a neighboring small town today, so I did a quick Google search to see if it would turn up a tire store and found there were three stores. I decided that I would give them a call prior to going to just see if they had any that they were willing to part with. Turns out that 2 of the stores had just recently cleared them out and the third guy said he had some and might be willing to sell them if I wanted to stop by on my way. So, when I got into town I realized that the store is only 2 blocks from the field I was going to so I did just stop in, but not expecting much although it appeared to be a busy place. When I go in, the guy said to follow him and we went through the shop and out the back door where I see 4 buckets filled with ww's and water. They have obviously been there for a while as they are fairly rusty and just look like junk. I asked him what he would take for them and he thought about it a minute and said if I would take them all that he would take $50.00 for them and throw in 3 weights that are about 40lbs each that he had made from ww's that he had melted at some point. With his price, I said here, let me pay you now and I will have my son come back Sat morning and pick them up as I am almost late for the game.

He also said that before long there would not be anymore lead as everyone is going to steel. He said that it does not take long for him to get a bucket of weights, so I am a bit confused as to why these have been out back long enough to begin rusting, although I did not look around in the shop to see if there were "fresh" ones inside. I will have my son tell him that if it is okay with him that we will be more than happy to help him out by removing them for him in the future at about $25.00 per bucket.

With this score, I now have 400lbs of ingots and 1500lbs of ww's.....and the search (addiction) continues.

*Paladin*
04-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Good find! Congrats!

4719dave
04-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Nice score .

aussie460mag
04-09-2011, 06:25 AM
With this score, I now have 400lbs of ingots and 1500lbs of ww's.....and the search (addiction) continues.

I hear you on the addiction side of things!!

Jimmy
04-09-2011, 01:57 PM
You are very lucky. My main spot I went to for wheel weights closed, and the only place in my area that I've found wants to charge like $75-100 for a 5 gallon bucket. I really need to find a good spot again, because I'm out of wheel weights and running low on ammo.

shoot-n-lead
04-09-2011, 05:53 PM
We got the loot home this morning and I just weighed it. We got a total of exactly 500 lbs of wheel weights and 185 lbs of rendered alloy.

I guess I got my $50 worth....:D