PDA

View Full Version : 6 full buckets of wheel weights= denied

Beagler
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Went to work early yesterday to sales and got deepcycles for the boat. Sitting there was 6 full buckets of WW somebody brought in for scrap. Two where filled with stickies. Since they hired all new people in the retail sale dep. there not worth the space they take up at work. Said I would like to buy them for more than what they paid. "Sorry sir don't know what they weigh" Scale sits only 20 feet away!!! I GUESS YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!

blasternank
04-07-2011, 10:13 AM
It's hard to find people with any initiative or any think out of the box mentality. They just want to sit and stare at a T.V. or gaming station.

Beagler
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Some days I wish I could choke people like when Homer Simpson chokes Bart!!!!

t_dickinson
04-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm getting ready to pick up from a couple spots. I bought a bunch of buckets and a $10 bathroom scale to take along. Doesn't take up alot of space in the truck.

Trey45
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Day before yesterday I bought 400 pounds of ww for 50 bucks, got it unloaded from the truck yesterday. That should keep me busy for the summer.

4719dave
04-08-2011, 07:58 PM
I live in fl . try dealing with the mexicans i dont speak spanish but pull out CASH OH LOOK MAJIC they understand .I pu 4 full 5 gal buckets mostly ww 30.00 a bucket happy day

bslim
04-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Went to a wrecking yard last month and scored a half a pail of WW. Nice guy to deal with, left him my phone number and added him to my list of potential suppliers. This morning he calls and tells me he found 3 more pails in a back shed. Whoopee, on my way.

Matt_G
04-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Went to a wrecking yard last month and scored a half a pail of WW. Nice guy to deal with, left him my phone number and added him to my list of potential suppliers. This morning he calls and tells me he found 3 more pails in a back shed. Whoopee, on my way.

So, did you get them?

white eagle
04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
no scale.............. free then kid
should have talked to an adult

evan price
04-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Went to work early yesterday to sales and got deepcycles for the boat. Sitting there was 6 full buckets of WW somebody brought in for scrap. Two where filled with stickies. Since they hired all new people in the retail sale dep. there not worth the space they take up at work. Said I would like to buy them for more than what they paid. "Sorry sir don't know what they weigh" Scale sits only 20 feet away!!! I GUESS YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!

What I woulda done is say "Hey, let's throw them on this here scale! I'll even do the lifting for you."

So didja?

a.squibload
04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Get 'em to pick up a bucket (if you can get 'em out of their chair),
most people will underestimate the weight.
I carried a bucket to the car a week ago, thought it was around 50 lbs,
weighed in at 80.

DGV
04-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Scrap Lead, steel, brass, copper etc. is all very high. Get all you can while you can. in Massachusetts. I am suprised you can even still buy lead!

LubeckTech
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
+1 DGV!!
Your money is dropping in value but metals will grow in value as time passes - don't over pay but be prepared for unexpected deals that may popup. I never throw away brass and pickup all the range brass I can - even if I could only get $1.00 per pound if I have 50lbs that is $50.00 I ddn't have before. Actually I have thought about someday making a crucible and doing some brass castings. I have always felt that if I don't collect stray brass one day I will get to add that to the list of things I wish I had done. It is a base metal and it is free.

bumpo628
04-21-2011, 10:34 AM
+1 DGV!!
Your money is dropping in value but metals will grow in value as time passes - don't over pay but be prepared for unexpected deals that may popup. I never throw away brass and pickup all the range brass I can - even if I could only get $1.00 per pound if I have 50lbs that is $50.00 I ddn't have before. Actually I have thought about someday making a crucible and doing some brass castings. I have always felt that if I don't collect stray brass one day I will get to add that to the list of things I wish I had done.

The best way to handle unwanted brass is to swap it for stuff that you do use.

ItZaLLgooD
04-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Last year I when I bought tires I asked about the weights. 30 bucks for a 3/4 full pail and an overflowing metal pail. I managed to get the 3/4 full bucket in the truck of my Neon. I felt like a real wimp as I struggled to get the more than full pail onto the passenger side floor. I felt better when I weighed the full pail. 275lbs!!

a.squibload
04-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah, but you're huge!
Good score.

Assuming I could get the 3/4 bucket high enough I would dump it in the trunk.
Then on the ground tip the full one over into the mouth of the empty one.
Split it up into smaller loads.

I'm strong, just lazy...:wink: