PDA

View Full Version : Remington 241 speedmaster

superior
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I recently picked up a sweet little shooter for $100 bucks and wanted to see if anyone was familiar with such an animal. It's a take-down, bottom eject, side of stock loading, auto-loader that looks like a browning, but is a little larger. A friend of mine's father passed away in Rapid City S.D. and left it to him. He doesn't shoot, so he sold it to me after I assured him that it would be cherished. It was made in 1948 and says ".22 long rifle- smokeless greased" on the bbl. It's in very good condition with a beautiful light blue blueing and the aluminum (?) buttpad is still black in color. It shoots like you would not believe!! I routinely hit clay pidgeons sitting on the berm at 75 yards (open sights, off hand). It's easily my favorite 22 of the 4 that I own. Anyone have one? How much is it worth?
Kind regards, Superior

Longwood
04-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I recently picked up a sweet little shooter for $100 bucks and wanted to see if anyone was familiar with such an animal. It's a take-down, bottom eject, side of stock loading, auto-loader that looks like a browning, but is a little larger. A friend of mine's father passed away in Rapid City S.D. and left it to him. He doesn't shoot, so he sold it to me after I assured him that it would be cherished. It was made in 1948 and says ".22 long rifle- smokeless greased" on the bbl. It's in very good condition with a beautiful light blue blueing and the aluminum (?) buttpad is still black in color. It shoots like you would not believe!! I routinely hit clay pidgeons sitting on the berm at 75 yards (open sights, off hand). It's easily my favorite 22 of the 4 that I own. Anyone have one? How much is it worth?
Kind regards, Superior
I used to have one. They are a piece of junk that can't be trusted. They are not very accurate either. Your shots must have been dumb luck.
Box it up and send of to me and I will send you $200 because you got burned so badly and I feel real sorry for you.
Please!!!

elk hunter
04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Wonderful rifles, there has been one for sale here recently for something like $650.00, but I don't think he had any takers. I had one back in the early 70's, loved it, let it go when we needed money, wish I had it back. I've had two Remington model 24's, early version of the 241, both have Lyman peep sights, my oldest daughter wanted the first one, I'm hanging on to the second.

Clark
03-28-2018, 08:03 AM
https://youtu.be/b08Y8KgWhSI

rking22
03-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Love the things! Mine is a 22 short only and a fine squirrel rifle I might add. They don't make them like that anymore :)

Clark
03-29-2018, 12:29 AM

I have owned it for 5 days and just test shot it into the dirt. I really like it.

38splpete
03-30-2018, 08:05 PM
That was a real steal. I have one that I bought several years ago. I think it was $350--maybe high in some areas but California gun prices are like real estate out here--outrageous sometimes. Anyway, the gun is fine shooter--I was looking for the similar Belgian Browning (more money) and was lucky to find the Remington.