PDA

View Full Version : Still amazed....Belding & Mull

rmcc
04-05-2011, 11:57 PM
I still can't get over how accurate and consistent Belding & Mull powder measures are!!! Just scored my 2nd one by the way. I have been loading 25/06 using IMR 4350. Not a good powder for measures. But even shearing grains using the double " shuffle" with the lever you can get the same weight every time!! They are sure not for volume loading but they are great, for me anyway, to throw accurate loads!!
Thanks here to the guys who told me about them and to the member who sold me my 1st one.

Rich

Bret4207
04-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Most of the people I've heard bad mouth the B+M have never actually used one. True, they aren't all that fast, but with a good operator they are very consistent. I find mine to be very repeatable on the settings, more so than my Redding BR and far, far more than my Lyman 55.

bobthenailer
04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
The B&M mag micrometer powder measure has been my only rifle powder measure for 40 + years . i even used it for pistol until i bought my first semi progressive pistol reloading press in the late 70s .
Ive found it to be very accurate and reliable . though a little slower than some measures , it serves my purpose well for loading the 400 or so rifle rounds per year.

Char-Gar
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM
The Belding and Mull powder measure has been a top choice for many years. I still use the old Hollywood micrometer measure I started with in 1959 and it was used them. It will measure any powder and the charge to charge variance will be nil. A few years back, I bought another on Ebay for$28.00 in case the original should every wear out. Not likely that will happen.

I sold my Redding measure down river a few years ago as it was near as good as the old Hollywood and much harder to adjust.

Speed, when handloading, has never been a concern to me.

Kevin Rohrer
04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I am always amused how people think that new = better. My B&M clone will be the last item to ever leave my bench. The only piece of equipment that get more use are my calipers.

roysha
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM
oh well

roysha
04-09-2011, 10:34 AM
oh well, missed it