PDA

View Full Version : USPS Carrier Pick up PITA

Muddy Creek Sam
04-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Howdy all,

Scheduled a Carrier Pick up for Saturday, 2 MFRBoxes of lead. Still waiting to see the Mail person. Called yesterday and complained, Called again today, Rescheduled on line today for in the Morning. This is not the first time they just haven't showed up. Guess I should contact the Postmaster General and raise heck.:twisted::Fire::evil:

What say you?

Sam :D

Hickory
04-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Sounds like your mail carrier missed her/his calling.
Should have gotten a job in a pillow factory.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
That ain't right Sam. I would call and tell the Post Master what is up.

blasternank
04-05-2011, 10:14 PM
He must be concerned about possible disability and not wanting to drive up the cost of the postal service due to a back strain or some other injury. You should look at it as a worker trying to help out the system!! :drinks:

klcarroll
04-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Well, ……I feel obligated to say that they are not all like that!

The guy that serves my residence is the most conscientious Postal Employee I have ever encountered!

When I hand him a 68 pound flat rate box, he ALWAYS thanks me for using the Postal Service rather than “one of the other guys”: ……And when I receive a box that has been badly treated in transit, he ALWAYS rings the bell, and asks me to inspect the contents before he leaves!!

…….And he has been like this for the entire seven years he has had the route!

Suffice it to say that the Christmas Card I hand him every year ALWAYS features a picture of President Grant!

Kent

jim147
04-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm outside a small town. My Post Master is one of my customers. I don't have any problems with them. If something won't fit in my mailbox and I'm not home. It will be sitting on my kitchen counter right inside the door when I get home.

I seem to have all my problems with Fedex. Everything that must ship to me Fedex from a supplier is always one to two days late.

jim

man.electric
04-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Sam, I have had continuing problems with carrier pick up as well. The worst part is putting a package out on Thursday morning and leaving town for the weekend(this has happened) only to arrive back home Monday and find the package still sitting on the porch. My old carrier was great, but after he retired I see 3 different carriers a week now and my local complaints have gotten me nowhere. I now run packages to the post office if I want to make sure they shipped. The next time it happens I will go higher up command and see if it helps. Good luck Sam!

edsmith
04-06-2011, 01:45 AM
they will not deliver heavy flat rate to my home, I have to go to the post office to pick it up, also I get between 2 to 5 misdilivered letters every month, one month I got at least 10, one was a treasury check. I have called the the main po in portland,like talking to a frog, a dead one.

Buckshot
04-06-2011, 03:13 AM
.............Like any other large (HUGE) concerns you have highly dedicated folks from the lowest to the highest, others who simply do their job and no more, and then you have those that need to be fired after the 3rd incidence of incompetance.

Like a few others I'm blessed with a truly outstanding carrier. In fact when I get done here I'm going to write a letter to the postmaster of the facility he works out of. I've intended to do it many times before. People will complain at the drop of a hat but compliments are seldom given the time to make. His name is Sal, and he's always 'up'. Always has a great disposition even when his knee is giving him fits :-). He gave me his cell number so when I get a package that requires a signature and he leaves a note, all I have to do is call him. He tells me where he is and I go meet him and take care of business.

I do have to go to the PO on occassion when I have to ship stuff out of the country. The counter folks there are always as pleasant as they can be. Yes it can be crowded, but only at the times you'd expect it to be, and they could sure use a person at all 6 stations, but there is usually only 2. I try to go midweek an hour after normal lunchtime and normally it works out very well.

For those that DO have issues, contact the postmaster. You're paying for a service you're not getting. For those who do get excellent service, let them know that too.

................Buckshot

Bret4207
04-06-2011, 06:07 AM
We tend to use the smaller PO as opposed to the larger "central" ones. Of course, they're having to close the smaller ones now. Only real problem I ever had was a book that the post lady refused to accept for return. The box was taped funny when I got it, looked like a ho'mde box to start with and after bringing it back twice I finally just paid the stupid postage to get rid of it. In a way I can't blame her, but the box was never opened. I also don't understand why a box marked "Return postage guaranteed" is the one I have to pay postage on. Strange. Over all the USPO is very good for us.

Fed Ex? The less said the better.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Our post office is becoming a pain. I don't know if it is automation or what. I ordered some parts last year and they never came. I finally called the vendor and he said that the parts were returned because there was no such address. It turns out that on my address, I had spelled " street " stret. ( It was an internet order). They corrected it and it arrived a few days later. This has happened twice. I complained but the Post office said there must have been some other, greater problem. There wasn't. I have lived in this town of 6,000 for well over 30 years at the same address. My last name is VanWynsberghe.......... I'm the only one in town with that last name. Oh ya. My last name was spelled correctly.

Geraldo
04-06-2011, 07:50 AM
My carriers have been pretty good until we got a new guy, but he'll probably get better.

The main PO though, not so much. We were going on a trip so I stopped the mail online. I got home and my neighbor said he had our mail because the box was jammed full. When I talked to the carrier, he said to just tell him, not bother with the PO on temporary stops. I also sent back one of the cards to get flat rate boxes delivered, still waiting on them. So I haven't even tried a scheduled pickup because I'm sure that it will be lost between the PO staff and my carrier.

pdawg_shooter
04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
.............Like any other large (HUGE) concerns you have highly dedicated folks from the lowest to the highest, others who simply do their job and no more, and then you have those that need to be fired after the 3rd incidence of incompetance.

Cant fire them, they are UNION workers.

7of7
04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
I would be asking the postmaster why my packages have not been picked up. Not just complaining because they were not picked up. The postman gets a sheet that tells them they have a pickup.

Rocky Raab
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I ALWAYS print out the Priority Mail label at home. The postman has never failed to pick up a package. I have a small sign by the doorbell that says "All Deliveries Please Ring." If he has a package for me that doesn't fit in the mailbox, he always rings. I have two regular guys and a usual substitute if both of them are on vacation or something. All three are dedicated and courteous.

Now the jerks at the counter in my substation? That's another thing altogether.

troy_mclure
04-07-2011, 06:07 AM
my carrier doesnt leave the truck. if you have a package you have to go to the main branch to fight the crowds and pick it up.

firefly1957
04-07-2011, 07:03 AM
There recently was another thread on the same problems I had a great post office until they changed the people in it it has been lousy since. Then we got a bad rural carrier after much complaints about him I was finally told by the distribution manager the he (my carrier) "was a good friend" Since then former my address has been removed from the computer twice! All my insurance bills were suddenly returned as no such address I was confused when they started calling me when the bills were returned. It was good that I had a phone number on file with those companies. Now the phone service is switched to Frontier they make GTE that we complained about constantly look like true professionals but those complaints would make a new thread. Back on to P.O. no body will do anything about bad employees I lost count of the times I returned peoples mail order prescriptions or mail or had someone return mine. I talked to one guy in the fraud division and he told me anything that is put in my post box is mine I do not have to return it??? I have a feeling that the good people in the post office are tired of covering others and are just do there jobs until retirement.

All that said and much more not said my current post carrier and local office are great I do want to make that clear.

Dan Cash
04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
We have a contract rural carrier who also drives a township road grader. After a heavy snow storm, he will drive the grader instead of delivering the mail. He claims that he is snowed in. The grader job pays better. We were out of mail delivery more than 40 days since last November and the Postmistress won't take action. Neither will USPS district headquarters. I am lobying for this office to close.

Harter66
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
A friend of mine had a note in his mailbox that stated he had no box for delivery.

The local PO told me I couldn't have a split forward when I split with my ex,her mail carrier in another town fixed it for me.

I'm pretty sure there are just some of them that just show up for the check and/or let their personal opinions taint their job performance.

I had 800 directory asst.tell me there was no listing for MEC/Mayville engineering ,they're everwhere.

cajun shooter
04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
THe USPS has like all other crafts and job titles both the ones who care and those that don't. If you do give your postal carrier a little something extra for Christmas it's best to keep that to the two of you. It's against Federal law for them to take or accecpt any and all gifts. If they are found to be keeping money they will be dismissed and then you have not done them a favor have you. Mum is the word..

white eagle
04-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I say change is in the air
won't be long and you will have to do it all
scan,send your own mail and packages
automation is the wave of the future
no mo p.o clerk
but yes do complain

kokomokid
04-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Sam, I hope you got it picked up. I really do as I think it is my order. I try not to make my carrier mad as bad things happen. Like my 1099 got returned.

Muddy Creek Sam
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Sam, I hope you got it picked up. I really do as I think it is my order. I try not to make my carrier mad as bad things happen. Like my 1099 got returned.

It was and it went out day before yesterday. :2 drunk buddies:

Enjoy,

Sam :D

Boerrancher
04-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I must be one of the few who are blessed with a good carrier. My driveway is nearly a mile long, and in most cases if something is too large to fit in the box my carrier gives me a call and lets me know what time he will be at my box. If I am not going to be there or he can not contact me he will put a notice in my box letting me know it is at the post office.

I remember last Christmas, my wife had waited months for her mothers present to arrive as it had to be made before it could be shipped. It was Christmas eve, and snowing when our mail man knocked on the door with the package that my wife had been waiting for. He could have left a note in the box, or called, but he didn't want the wife or I out in the snow, so he brought it to the house.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe