PDA

View Full Version : What The Heck Are These Parts For?

Kevin Rohrer
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Am cross-posting this in the Reloading area, also.

Some clueless person ended up with a bunch of reloading equipment from an estate sale and advertised six items as being "Herter's Press Parts" on Ebay. I recognized three of those items as a pair of Hollywood Senior primer arms and a single Dunbar 'H' press primer arm, all in outstanding shape. I snagged everything for not much money. Now I have three other items that I don't need and don't have any idea what they might be for.

Here is a pic of the parts. The two fatter pieces are threaded on one end and the other ends have holes of approx. .30cal diameter. The one in the middle also has a slot on its upper half. What are they, and are they of use to anyone?

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0513.jpg

BwBrown
04-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I saw them on ebay, couldn't identify them there either.

Your pics are much clearer. The two on the left look to an insert for some larger body. The first could be a bullet seating or point forming insert, the middle one perhaps a collet crimp insert.

The piece on the right could be a depriming and neck expander for a pistol brass?
All three pieces appear (to me) to be part of something bigger, if my guesses are even close, they may even be for different calibers.

What do we win if we guess correctly?
Bob

Tom R
04-04-2011, 11:18 PM
If I had to guess I would say left is a primer seater middle is ? and right is a de caper.

Kevin Rohrer
04-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Still hoping someone here will recognize them.

Bullshop
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Hard to tell not having them in hand but the pic makes them look like a home made set of hand loading dies much like the Lee Loader or Wilson set.

Pressman
04-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I was thinking of something to fit the Lyman Tru Line press, but for what purpose.
Ken

xfoxofshogo
04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
i have seen thes some where be for but where humm time for some diging