PDA

View Full Version : OK, guys, new boolit from 45 2.1

44man
12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
I finally got to shoot some today. I shot with a scope from my home made lead sled ( a sandbag on each leg.) I had to fire form a bunch too because the new boolit does not fit a sized case, so I loaded the boolits from the mould Dave Farmer made me. The cases already had powder in them from when I pulled the Postells. 71 gr's of Swiss FFFG. I loaded my boolit with 70 gr's. I was disappointed in both boolits, even the Hoch which usually shoots good. I could not get better then 3" to 4" at 200 yd's. I went through a pile of them at 20 to 1 and 40 to 1. I kept thinking the loads were too hot. I used three lubes. First was Lar45's BPCR Supreme, then my home made stuff and then WBH's lube (Andy). I gave up and ran a bunch of patches through the bore, went to get my target and while walking back, it dawned on me. DUMMY-DUMMY, I had let the rifle and rest free recoil! I had four shots left with my new boolit, 40 to 1 so I decided to shoot them with a tight hold and tight shoulder pressure. The first shot was low left and I said s#@*, but remembered I had cleaned the bore. I shot the last three and wrapped it up. I was amazed when I pulled the target. Everything is up in the air yet because I have to re-test.
A word about the lubes. With each one I was surprised at the lack of fouling. There is a plastic 55 gal drum under the muzzle and it usually gets covered with black crud. There was almost no crud being pushed out ahead of my wiping patch. In fact the patches were not that dirty and they pushed through very easy. The picture shows patches 1, 2 and 3. Each lube did the same and I can't say which is better because they are all good. You can not go wrong buying any of them, except mine, that is. The quality of each lube is so far above SPG that I can't explain it to you. Both Glen and Andy have some great stuff.
Yes, there are three shots in the bullseye at 200 yd's.
OH, the boolit on the left is the Hoch at .461" and then mine at .4638.

WBH
12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the testing and the response. I have been very pleased with all the results so far. The only negative results have come from samples being used to lube hardcast bullets for smokeless. And the leading was the issue, not fouling. I guess it is about time to put some up for sale on the selling and swapping forum.

Many thanks to all you guys that helped with the testing and letting me know the results.

SPG LOOK OUT. hehehehe.

montana_charlie
12-07-2006, 02:28 PM
The bullet on the left looks very much like a PJ Creedmoor, and the one on the right looks like the twin brother of the PGT.
CM

Four Fingers of Death
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
What's the WPG stand for? I've heard of Lar's. Have you tried Bullshop's BP lube?

45 2.1
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
What's the WPG stand for? I've heard of Lar's. Have you tried Bullshop's BP lube?

WPG ???? I think you mean SPG = Steven P. Garbe, you should know who he is.

44man
12-07-2006, 05:16 PM
I am just starting and have much more work to do. I have to get to 500 meters and farther, yet. I need to test loads and granulations. There are just too many jobs to do in between. Now I have to crawl around the attic and get the lights out for Christmas to put up.
It is time for some scotch right now!

Boz330
12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Is that Scoth pine or the adult beverage? It is Christmas so both would apply.:drinks: