PDA

View Full Version : AZ-Stew, My Dad.....

AZ-JIM
04-04-2011, 11:21 AM
My Dad, AZ-Stew, passed away Saturday morning, Apr. 2. He died of natural causes, in his sleep. This was very unexpected. My dad, as alot of you know was very active here at Cast Boolits and enjoyed spending time here. He was very knowledgable in casting and reloading, I feel I only know a fraction of these things, as I should, he had 30+ yrs experience on me. Dad was a Navy Veteran of 16 yrs., a senior level mechanical designer and GD&T instructor , an "Extra" class HAM radio licencee, and much more. I know dad has alot of friends here and he will be missed. If anyone feels the need to do anything for him, my family and I ask that you make a donation in his name to Cast Boolits or the Wounded Warrior Project.
Dad, you are my friend, my mentor, and my beer drinking buddy, and you are missed!

az-jim

timbuck
04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I am sorry to hear that Jim.
Prayers are on the way.

Hickory
04-04-2011, 11:24 AM
This is terrible, I am saddened.

dragonrider
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
My condolences to you and family.

WILCO
04-04-2011, 12:12 PM
My condolences to you and family.

Ditto for me. Very sorry to hear of it.

waksupi
04-04-2011, 01:24 PM
We'll miss Stew. He would join us in the chat room, and get right with the flow. RIP

Dean D.
04-04-2011, 02:27 PM
My condolences Jim, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your father will be deeply missed here by many.

Rest in Peace Stew.

BruceB
04-04-2011, 03:37 PM
We were privileged to meet AZ-Stew at the Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot. Everyone very much enjoyed his presence and his company.

It's a wrenching thing when we lose one of our own, even those whom we've only' met' here on the Internet. The loss of one with whom we've shared the range and the socializing in person hits even harder.

He leaves behind many fine memories, but we were hoping for more chances to enjoy his company.

He is already missed, and this is very sad news.

9.3X62AL
04-04-2011, 05:01 PM
This news jarred me pretty hard. I greatly enjoyed AZ Stew's company at NCBS last year and here on the board. He was clearly well-versed in the craft of casting and shooting, and shared his experience freely and unselfishly. We are diminished by his loss.

NVcurmudgeon
04-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Jim, our condolences to you for your great loss. It was a privilege to meet and socialize with your father at the Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot. He was great company, an expert at our craft, and an American who served our country well. Bill and Fran

JeffinNZ
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I remember many AZ-Stew posts. I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Tazman1602
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
So sorry for your loss. I've read many of your dads posts and he will be greatly missed here.

Condolences to your family son of AZ-Stew.

scottiemom
04-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I was so sorry to hear about your dad. I really enjoyed talking with him in the chat room. he will be missed for sure. You and your family are in my prayers.

swheeler
04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear this Jim, he will be missed. God bless

45nut
04-04-2011, 06:58 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?do=getinfo&u=1760

RIP my friend, an eternal supply of favorite guns and ammo for you in Heaven.

RP
04-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I meet him in the chat room did not talk much but you could tell he was a easy to like fellow. Sorry for your loss he will be missed.

gon2shoot
04-04-2011, 08:12 PM
He will be missed.

Muddy Creek Sam
04-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Stew will be sorely missed by this bunch of misfits, And yes that includes this Misfit.

Sam :D

Mumblypeg
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
As many have said, and many will continue to do so, he will be missed and often remembered. We are saddened...

Just Duke
04-04-2011, 09:56 PM
He has answered many of question for me. Truly a loss for the world and this forum.

jmsj
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
AZ-JIM
Sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences.
jmsj

Gunfixer
04-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I too, have been influenced by his posts. My condolences to you and your family.

Bad Water Bill
04-05-2011, 12:50 AM
AZ-JIM

I was shocked when I saw your post. Your DAD was one of my favorite posters here. I am glad that if he had to take leave on us that he was able to just slip away.

I am sure that you picked up much more from your dad than you realize. Start hanging out here and you will find that you can help many here.

Condolences to your family son of AZ-Stew.

AZ Stew will be missed for a long time.

Buckshot
04-05-2011, 02:36 AM
............Darn, this IS so unexpected and troubling to me. I really enjoyed meeting him and to spend time with him at last year's NCBS. He was always busy with his camera and got a big kick out of taking photo's of the goings on, and was a definate positive addition to the event.

For me the annual NCBS has become more like a family reunion then anything else. When he'd mentioned here that he didn't feel he'd be able financialy to see his way clear to attend this year's shindig, I sent him a PM giving him some friendly 'carp' :-) This caused a few days worth of PM's back and forth bagging on each other. I really believe that to me he was a good friend too late met, and too soon gone.

My sincere condolences to you and those others also left behind as I know his passing has left a large hole in your lives.

Kindest regards,
Buckshot

dromia
04-05-2011, 03:51 AM
Sad news indeed.

Your father was a highly respected member here and his substantial contribution was knowledgable and generous.

My thoughts are with you and all your family and friends at this time.

Mustangpalmer1911
04-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Sorry for you're familys loss, and salute to you're father for his military service.

Bret4207
04-05-2011, 07:47 AM
What a shock. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I considered Stew a friend, we traded many a PM back and forth. He will be sorely missed.

Rest easy friend.

shdwlkr
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Jim
I just found this and I will miss your dad's comments here as that is the only way I knew him. Prayers to you, your family and most of AZ-Stew. We share a common name you see I am stew also
Seems we are losing more and more of those who know about firearms and casting
He will be sorely missed

obssd1958
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Jim,
I am another of those who met your father at NCBS last year. I enjoyed his company, and was looking forward to seeing him again this year. I was very disappointed when he posted that he probably would not be able to make it, so when I read of his passing, my heart just dropped.
I am so very sorry for your family's loss. Please accept our prayers for healing and comfort.

Don

cobbmtmac
04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
AZ-JIM,

I too met your Dad at Last years NCBS, subsequently we corresponded re-photo's and more. Buckshot's, obssd1958's and others words are Ditto-ed from us. Sincere condolences to you and your entire family.

Mac & Marlene

frankenfab
04-05-2011, 06:16 PM
I too read quite a few of your Dad's posts. I am shocked, and so sorry to hear of this.

MT Gianni
04-05-2011, 07:28 PM
I enjoyed visiting with him at last years NCBS. A true gentleman and a really nice guy. My heart goes out to your family for your loss.

trooperdan
04-05-2011, 08:26 PM
AZ-Jim, what a shock! I never spoke with him but I always knew I was going to learn something when I saw one of his posts. Words cannot express my shock, you have my condolences.
Silent Key, 73 my friend, DE KJ4ZJH

OBIII
04-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I chatted with him a few times in Chat. I thought that he was truly a class act. While I did not know him well (really, at all), I will miss his humor and wisdom. My best to you and your family in this time.
Semper Fi.

OB

Uncle R.
04-05-2011, 11:14 PM
AZ Stew was knowledgable and courteous and friendly - one of the good ones for sure. May your family find comfort in this time of sorrow. We are all diminished by his passing.

Finster101
04-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Jim, I'm sorry to hear it. I enjoyed your Dad's postings. He will be missed around here.

James

fryboy
04-06-2011, 12:21 AM
bummer .... he had a rare insight that i respected , my condolences my best thoughts and my gratitude , happy trails amigo ...

DoubleAdobe
04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
My condolences and prayers to you and your family. I too had read a lot of Stew's posts, and he will be sorely missed. He was also a veteran and patriot and that is to be admired. Please let your family know how much he will be missed here on this forum.

Ajax
04-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Stew was a member i truly enjoyed reading. His post were insightful and full of knowledge. His departure from this Earth is truly a loss. He will be missed and remembered as a man of honor and dignity. I never met Stew in person but from reading his posts i feel like he would have the kind of man I would enjoy just sitting and talking with. May the Lord welcome Stew into his loving Grace and comfort those whom he left behind, with the knowledge that they will see Stew again one day.

Andy

Lloyd Smale
04-06-2011, 06:33 AM
very sad news. I allways enjoyed his posts and had alot of respect for his opinions. He will be missed here!

Wayne Smith
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I too am saddened and diminished. Jim, my condolences and prayers go to you and the family.

Gunfixer
04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I just saw this too. AZ-JIm , I also enjoyed your Dads posts here. I can say I know how you feel. I lost my Dad 3 years ago, also real unexpectedly. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Bill

Boz330
04-06-2011, 05:37 PM
As with many more my condolences, I always enjoyed Stew's comments on this board.

Bob

mroliver77
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
My condolences also Jim. Your dad was part of what makes this forum so great. He will be missed.
Jay

Shiloh
04-07-2011, 08:51 PM
We grieve for your family. The forum is down a good man as well.

Shiloh

Shuz
04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
My deepest condolences Jim. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Calehedron
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Jim,

I just learned of your father's passing here at work at Intel. I don't check this forum very often.

My condolences to you and your family. I had the pleasure of meeting your parents and a few others at breakfast a couple years back during a failed WW group buy.

dualsport
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Just found out. Dam shame, a good guy has left us. May he rest in peace and meet us who follow at the range. A donation to Boolits in his honor does seem appropriate and Wounded Warriors too. I'm in. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Tom-ADC
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Jim so sorry to hear that, I always enjoyed your Dad's advice and writtings.
Prayers on the way for him and your family.

NVWalt
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Just got back on line today and saw this. Very sad indeed. Met your dad last year at NCBS and it came as a shock to read this. Jane and I will miss his presence at NCBS this year.
Walt and Jane

legend
04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Your dad and i traded several times,i am very sorry to hear this news.

Matt_G
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I haven't been on much recently and I just now saw this.
Jim, when I read the subject line of your post I felt like I had just been sucker punched.
I enjoyed meeting your Father at NCBS last year and was really hoping to see him again this year.
Words can't express how badly I feel for you and your family right now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

fatnhappy
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Recluse
04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
I feel like I just got punched in the gut. . .

This isn't an area of the site that I check very often, but your Dad was a true man, friend, patriot and example to all of the absolute highest caliber.

Stew. . . Godspeed to you, Chief.

:coffee:

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
04-26-2011, 10:51 AM
I am keeping your family in my prayers.

JIMinPHX
05-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I only met Glenn once in person, but he seemed like a heck of a guy. I am sad to hear that he has passed. Please add my condolences to the list.

trmungle
05-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Jim, I am sorry to hear this. God Bless. Tom

GLL
05-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Very sad to hear ! He will be missed !

Jerry

DaveD
05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Jim,
I haven't been in here much lately since about the last time we PM'ed when you told me of your Dad's passing. It is just now I put 2 and 2 together that AZ-Stew was your Dad.

I met your Dad at his home about a year or so ago when I won a benefit auction he had put up. I mentioned to him about watching him build his shop some years ago as I drove by it everyday to work. We talked a bit about the "HAM" bidness and man, you could tell that was something he loved. He invited me to come over anytime as I live not that far.

Just a genuinely nice guy your Dad was Jim, you are blessed to have had him as your father. We were fortunate to have had him as AZ-Stew.

God be with you and yours brother.

DaveD