PDA

View Full Version : What's a fair price for a Shiloh barrel?

67bear
04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I've got a 34" heavy octagon Shiloh barrel in 45-90 with a hartford collar. It has been shot with BP and cast, but I don't think it's been fired much. It looks new. I'd like to sell it. I'd appreciate some opinions from you guys. What is a fair price? Thanks
Greg

ss40_70
04-03-2011, 07:37 PM
i dont have a good answer for you greg but i can anticipate a couple questions you might get asked .... do you have an idea how old the barrel is , what twist rate is it ... if its a 20 twist barrel that will be a indicater on age and who origonaly made the barrel and how its chambered, does it still have sights on it and have you slugged it to check dimensions ...... lastly why was the barrel removed ....

67bear
04-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure of the age, but I believe it's less than 12 years old. It came off from serial number B7205. I'll check the twist and report back. No sights on it. I haven't slugged it, but can. It was removed from my shooting partners rifle, because he wanted a Krieger barrel in 45-100 and had decided he liked half round barrels. He passed away last fall.

ss40_70
04-03-2011, 07:52 PM
knowing it came off a b numbered gun helps a bunch .. itll be a 18 twist knowing it was made by shiloh's currant owners will definatly help someone steer you in the right direction on worth and make it easier to sell .......... i have a shiloh in 45-70 with a standerd weight barrel i'd love to change out to a heavy but unless its dirt cheap my wife will deny the purchase

67bear
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I just checked the twist rate and it is an 18. If someone really wants to know dimensions I'll slug it tonight or tomorrow.