PDA

View Full Version : Tried the Chore Boy for de-leading and.....

oldracer
04-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Dammmm, it works! After shooting last week I saw a few spots in the Rolling Block and Sharps barrels after cleaning and the patches came out clean so I figured it might be some lead? I saw the posts about the use of the Chore Boy and other types of brass cleaning materials and found some at Walmart locally here in the San Diego area. I made a long cleaning rod and a guide to fit in the chamber entry and wrapped a chunk of the woven material around a 40 cal. brush. I used an electric drill and after getting the wrapped material started sprayed some Kroil into the chamber and ran the assembly in/out a few times and the cleaner turned nearly black that ran out the end of barrel. I had the gun standing vertical with the barrel on several shop rags and the color of the stuff that came out was bad. I ran the bush a few more times with new squirts of Kroil and after 3 shots the liquid was nearly clear. I ran some oiled patches and they were also clean so I guess there was a tad bit of lead build up in the Rolling Block and when I did the Sharps it only took one pass to get clean.

I was happy to find that something that simple really works so well and was pretty cheap too!