PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 475/480 addvise?

BT Sniper
04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Got a little cash with a gun sale now I'm looking for a .475 cal shooter. I had my mind set on a Ruger SRH with the 9.5" barrel and was ready to puchase but seems the sight I was looking at may have sold out, price was $475ish too[smilie=b:

So now I am researching possible test platforms in .475/480 and was looking for comments on the options out there. First hand experience reviews would be a plus or even opinions too is helpful.

Looks like choices are the Ruger Super Rdhawks, Tarus Raging Bull, BFR, Ruger #1single shot rifle, Puma Rossi M92 lever action and the TC encores single shot.

I'm leaning more towards the 480 ruger vs. the linebaugh simple to save cost.

Read some so-so reviews about the puma quality???

Thanks

BT

M4bushy
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I have the srh in 480 ruger. The thing shoots awesome. The factory grip is useless and kills your hand with factory loads. The hogue tamer grip makes all the difference with this gun.

BT Sniper
04-03-2011, 04:57 PM
7" or 9" barrel? Does it matter? Does a heavier longer barrel easy the recoil a bit?

Thanks, should I find one I'll look into the houge grips. Still looking and welcome any and all advise.

BT

Dark Helmet
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Does the big bad 44 bother you? if not then the 7.5 SRH won't. Next choice behind the Rugers would be a BFR. IMHO

buck1
04-03-2011, 08:33 PM
#1- BFR
#2- see #1
#3- see #2
#4- Super Redhawk
#1638 - Tarus
LOL!
The BFR is a great strong gun. Great quality tool. It is more or less a beefed up Ruger Super Blackhawk with a better eye on Quality controll.
Keep in mind This comes from a die hard Ruger fan. You can do well on Gunbroker, not $475.00 but better than gun shop prices. I paid twice as much as I could have for a Ruger (waiting and watching) and feel I got What I paid for and would do it again.
But theres a few of each floating around now and good prices can be found for either.
I have owned Tarus before in other guns but I am done with them.

warf73
04-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Here is a used one:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=222999293

Here is a new one:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=223288884

There more than the 475 that CDNN has but its a fair price, pm the seller a package price with shipping sometimes they will do that.

I love mine and will not be selling it anytime soon.

M4bushy
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
7" or 9" barrel? Does it matter? Does a heavier longer barrel easy the recoil a bit?

Thanks, should I find one I'll look into the houge grips. Still looking and welcome any and all advise.

BT

Mine is the 9.5'' barrel. There is a thread titled 480 ruger bullets that I posted a picture of a target shot at 25 yards off of the bench with open sights. As for recoil, mine is nothing like a 44 mag more like. 454 casull. A sharp recoil that gets you in the palm of your hand.

stealthshooter
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm new here but I have owned a Taurus Raging bull in 480 ruger and it was an AWESOME gun! The ported barrel made it very nice to shoot. The grip on the Taurus is also much nicer than the ruger. The Taurus also uses dual cylinder locks for extra strength. If I were to buy another one I would most def choose the Taurus!

M4bushy
04-04-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm new here but I have owned a Taurus Raging bull in 480 ruger and it was an AWESOME gun! The ported barrel made it very nice to shoot. The grip on the Taurus is also much nicer than the ruger. The Taurus also uses dual cylinder locks for extra strength. If I were to buy another one I would most def choose the Taurus!

FYI the Ruger super redhawk uses a 3 point lockup system.....;-)

stealthshooter
04-04-2011, 01:32 PM
FYI the Ruger super redhawk uses a 3 point lockup system.....;-)

That's good! I was just saying the Taurus had a double lock. I was not taking anything away from the Ruger.