PDA

View Full Version : Best Bullet desing for match Accuracy ?

Bullseye93
04-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi! my first post here :D Iīm really exited with this ...
my question is ... does anyone know which is the best bullet desing for match grade accuracy with a pistol ? a mean 25 yards or so ... I think that the Hornady HAP is a match bullet and a want to copy itīs desing to make mines but a lot less ... but maybe there is a better option... thatīs why iīm here :)
(I donīt really care about expantion and those kinds of things because iīm only shoting paper)

Another question is ... where i can post a thread about reloading ? i mean reloading recipies and post my performance , because there are a lot of sections but i cant find there right one (do you understand whta i mean ?)

PD: excuse my english :( :brokenima

ANeat
04-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Honestly at 25 yards the bullet selection isnt too critical.

What caliber are we shooting? 9mm 45acp ?

Bullseye93
04-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Im shooting 9mm luger ... but is there a difference in 50 yards ?? Im trying to make bullets for sale and i need to know which desing is the most Inherent accurate desing ... Do you find more accurate ? jaketed, plated or exposed lead ?

WTB thanks for the previus answer :)

bohica2xo
04-03-2011, 09:31 PM
The Hornady HAP is a good profile - and remarkably similar to the Lyman 356402 which predates it by a couple of decades.

That old Lyman profile is a great shooting bullet.

Do you plan to cast or swage bullets? Jacketed or lead?

B.

Bullseye93
04-03-2011, 10:16 PM
The Hornady HAP is a good profile - and remarkably similar to the Lyman 356402 which predates it by a couple of decades.

That old Lyman profile is a great shooting bullet.

Do you plan to cast or swage bullets? Jacketed or lead?

B.

I plan to swage them and my idea is to make jacketed bullets because here are extremely expensive because there is only 2 factories and they value theirs bullets to high I think ...
but using this method of swaging i can make lead(plated) or jacketed which is great feature :D

you are right both have the same profile ... but the HAP is a HP do you know why ?

runfiverun
04-03-2011, 11:23 PM
it moves the weight rearward.
for clean scoring on target you need sharp shoulders.

ANeat
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
50 yards will certainly seperate the good ones from the bad ones.

They can shoot 9mm in the service portion of NRA bullseye and they have to shoot a 115gr rn jacketed.

Ive heard of good results from the Hornady 115gr FMJ-RN, approx 1-1.5" at 50 yards from a well built gun

Bullseye93
04-04-2011, 10:57 AM
it moves the weight rearward.
for clean scoring on target you need sharp shoulders.

That has sense to me :D thanks !