PDA

View Full Version : Recovering from a computer crash...

nicholst55
04-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Again. This time the hard drive was toast. Long story; have a new hard drive now.

What I don't have are bookmarks pertaining to BPCR and paper patching, holster makers, and most anything else firearms-related.

Got any you'd care to share? I'd be much obliged!

BTW, I strongly recommend starting an account with someone like Xmarks, which allows you to 'synchronize' (store) your bookmarks with their server. That way, you can restore them if you lose them for some reason. Wish I'd known about them a month ago... :violin:

zuke
04-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I've went to external hard drive's for the same reason.
If you regulerily save your file's if you crash all will be good.

nicholst55
04-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Gee, the silence is deafening...

scrapcan
04-08-2011, 10:50 AM
nicholst55,

did you try to recover the old hard drive? sometimes you can put it the freezer and get it to run long enough to pull the data. If the motors are dead, then it is a very expensive proposition.

I may have an old list of holster makers, but I also think there was a thread on here, maybe archives, for a list of holster makers.

BPCR I cannot help you with, you may want to post a thread like this in the paper patch topic or single shot topic

nicholst55
04-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I've had some success finding some/most of my old bookmarks. There's at least one website dedicated to listing different holster makers, so I should be able to find most of what I need.

I'm still open to any suggestions anyone wants to offer, though.

wiljen
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
http://www.castpics.net has a links page with some of them on it. At least it would be a start.