PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Three Screw parts

dot6
12-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I need a replacement trigger for an Old Model (3 screw) Single Six. Anybody make new replacements or have any originals? Tried Numrich but they are out.

dakotashooter2
12-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Check midwayusa. They list triggers but they are special order and you may have to wait.

Blackwater
12-08-2006, 01:00 AM
I know the grip frame for the Ruger Old Army will fit an OM Ruger SA, but I don't know if the trigger will fit too or not. Logic seems to make me think that they'd have used the same trigger for them, but this kind of deductive speculation doesn't always follow, so ..... you may try calling Ruger to see if the trigger for the Old Army will fit the OM Blackhawks. Anyone here happen to know if this'll work or not?

McLintock
12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Blackwater, the Ruger Old Army gripframe takes a Super Blackhawk width trigger, you can use the standard trigger but it'll have a gap on one side. Best place to find Old Model Ruger parts is on E-bay, they're offered all the time and there's several sets of Single Six parts on there right now. You might go to the Rugerforum.com website and see if anyone has just a trigger they'd sell you, they're usually pretty helpful in a situation like this.
McLintock

McLintock
12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Blackwater, the Ruger Old Army gripframe takes a Super Blackhawk width trigger, you can use the standard trigger but it'll have a gap on one side. Ruger won't sell a trigger so the best place to find Old Model Ruger parts is on E-bay, they're offered all the time and there's several sets of Single Six parts on there right now. You might go to the Rugerforum.com website and see if anyone has just a trigger they'd sell you, they're usually pretty helpful in a situation like this.
McLintock

J Miller
12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
dot6,

Go over to The Ruger Forum and ask there. Several of the members there are deeply into the old models and may be able to direct you to a good trigger.
http://www.rugerforum.com/

Otherwise keep your eyes open on eBay. These old parts have not been made since 73 and are getting VERY hard to find.

Joe

dot6
12-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the tips.