PDA

View Full Version : Starting the search

FISH4BUGS
12-05-2006, 09:43 PM
OK.....I'm looking seriously now. I looked at a Winchester 92 reproduction from Legacy (?) Arms, and being imported through Alexandria, VA. I would like to say the gun was a Rossi something or the other, but I am not sure.
It looked good. The quality of the machining was as good as the original 92's....or so it seemed. Case colored receiver, the follower was machined and decently done. No stamped sheet metal parts here. The overall quality was good.
Does anyone have any experience with these? It was in 357 mag. I have a 210 gr Lyman 358gc bullet mould that is screaming to be used, and this gun might be the one to do it.

calaverasslim
12-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Like the saying goes, when u got a good un, u got a good un. I have had three of these piles of bull crap and thats what they were. However, I know people who buy them and love them. Like my wife sez, if it weren't fer bad luck, I wudn't have any luck at all.:confused:

Buckshot
12-06-2006, 04:00 AM
............I just got one about 3 weeks ago. A Rossi imported by Legacy Arms. A rifle in 45 Colt, 24" octagon bbl, cresent butt, color case. The thread is down the list aways, or click:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=10682

It's a very nice rifle and well done. I've sure had a lot of fun shooting it and don't regret the rather impulsive buy at all.

..............Buckshot

DOUBLEJK
12-06-2006, 04:14 AM
In the Rossi made 92 copies I have a carbine in .44Mag n a Short Rifle in .357Mag
Both are great cast shooters n barrels a fun....
That 210 Grainer might er might not feed well....my 357 werks great with a MM180WFNGC but will not feed the RCBS210GC....it shoots good but must be single loaded....

mtngunr
12-06-2006, 09:51 PM
For those wanting a nice 92, I still advise maybe getting a Browning 92 in .357 or .44, especially considering what many of the imports are going for today....but, you DO have the advantage of remedy should something be off on a new in-production gun....and it seems to me that 92's and 94's (both brands) chambered in straight-walled pistol calibers have more feeding issues than those guns chambered for tapered bottlenecked cases, which should be no suprise....but you won't find those old timers at Wally World, that's a fact....I 've bought a lot of "just as good as the originals" over the years, and all save two have disappointed to one degree or another, especially when the guns were taken apart and I could see how the gun was really made....the two that didn't disappoint were my USFA SAA and the Browning 53....all the rest varied from "junk" to "pretty nice little gun, too bad they didn't...."