PDA

View Full Version : No Money Orders on Ebay???

bowfin
04-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I just tried to list an item on ebay. I said I would take good checks, Money Orders, or PayPal. It spit my listing back at me, saying they wouldn't take Money Orders. So I yanked my listing.

I wonder how the Feds can steal $7 million from one guy for supposedly undercutting Federal Reserve currency but Paypal can do about the same danged thing.

Anyhow, so much for my brief career as an ebay seller.

Bad Water Bill
04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Try again. list pay bandit then OR CONTACT ME. I do not use PP but contact sellers with anything similar and usually get OK to send money orders.

PP has some newbies believing they can only take PP. Costs seller extra money.

I just copied this from a seller with OVER 12,500 transactions. and it worked for me AGAIN.

#1 I accept PAYPAL as payment. Other forms of payment? Contact me if you have any questions. THANKS!

Rocky Raab
04-03-2011, 10:57 AM
You'll be sorry.

The reason they (and many other sites) forbid money orders is because the seller loses everything in a MO scam. You receive a Money Order, deposit it and ship the merchandise. Two weeks later, the bank notifies you that the MO was a copy-machine forgery and takes back the money. It happens more than half of the time.

chaos
04-03-2011, 11:15 AM
You'll be sorry.

The reason they (and many other sites) forbid money orders is because the seller loses everything in a MO scam. You receive a Money Order, deposit it and ship the merchandise. Two weeks later, the bank notifies you that the MO was a copy-machine forgery and takes back the money. It happens more than half of the time.

Really? Half of the time? I used to use Ebay quite a bit. I've bought everything from stamps to Motorcycles and never been Burned once. I always INSISTED on Money Orders as payment or personal check. I refuse to use paypal for their communist views. I also nologer use ebay, because they BANNED me from a listing because I asked too many questions to the seller about an item. They Claimed I was trying to get the seller to sell outside of their auction.. I had asked him 3 questions by the way.

I emailed the seller the kind little note that ebay had sent to me, accusing me of such. I had been using them for 5 years and had around a 500 positive feedback.

I shut down my account immediately, told EBAY to go and Pi$$ up a rope. Finished the transaction via email and cut the ******** out of the loop. ( it is what they asked for afterall)

I still buy and sell stuff online with money orders and personal checks and have yet to be burned still............maybe I am lucky and am just getting the 50% of good money orders out there.

PI$$ ON EBAY AND PAYPAL.

04-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Never had a problem with USPS money orders, and seriously doubt the claim that "more than half" of them are counterfit.

For many reasons, I quit the ebay selling.

walltube
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
E-bay was my "go-to" site for many things otherwise unavailable in our U.S.ofA.

E-bay has been my friend post Katrina.

No where else to go for long-gone, out of production and dis-continued Cast Boolit tools lost, that are,were available as replacements, else E-bay. A simple PM to the seller asking if they would accept a money order as payment? A simple "yes or "no" reply sufficed. The 'yes' sellers are as disgusted with the E-bay~PayPal dictates as is their bidding public. So, skrough PP & E-b. We'll have it our way in spite of.

Sellers took a beating because many bidders feared, as Gospel, that just asking them about m.o.'s as payment would have them turned to pillars of salt. Those absent, timorous souls kept the bids low to my great satisfaction.

All the anger and frustration hurled at PP&eB policy solved nothing, changed not a thing. I ignored all that fuss by going around their seemingly Boolit proof barriers to free enterprise. Many an Eb seller's "profit" is their only scource of income. And....more than a few are shooters no different than we'uns here @ CB.

My three sou,
Harold

Rocky Raab
04-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Accept MOs if you choose, but sooner or later (and probably sooner) you are going to get burned. The nicer the item you're selling, the more likely you are to be scammed.

Three-Fifty-Seven
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
USPS MO - take it to the PO, cash it . . . Done! :mrgreen:

klcarroll
04-03-2011, 06:46 PM
The Postal Inspectors have the highest conviction rate of any enforcement agency! ......And they take "Fun & Games" with Postal Money Orders very seriously.

If a deal goes sour involving the mail or Postal Money Orders, contact the Postal Inspectors: Nine times out of ten, the complaint amounts to Mail Fraud; ...Which is what the Postal Inspectors were set up to deal with!

Kent

KCSO
04-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Bank M/O frauds are relativly rare about one in 100 transactions or so the most often forged M/O is the Postal M/O and we get lists of forged numbers fairly often. Over all in 600 transactions i have gotten ZERO bad M/O of either kind. Most often the M/O scams are accompanied by an over large paymnet and a request to refund some of the money to...

blasternank
04-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I've been scammed by fake money orders to the tune of about $15K in a previous business. I know many pukes are out there preying on the unsuspecting hard working person. Thieves suck!

mroliver77
04-04-2011, 05:17 PM
blaster..
Is there any more you can tell us about it? I am not trying to pry but trying to learn. Armed with knowledge we can protect ourselves better.
THIEVES SUCK x2

I've been scammed by fake money orders to the tune of about $15K in a previous business. I know many pukes are out there preying on the unsuspecting hard working person. Thieves suck!

jhrosier
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
The reason that fleabay forces sellers to demand paypal is simply that fleabay OWNS paypal and gets a double dip of every dollar that changes hands. They couldn't care less who gets cheated as long as they get their cut off the top.

Jack

cajun shooter
04-05-2011, 08:51 AM
They make money twice when Pay Pal is used to purchase on E-Bay. They make funds off the seller and funds off of the Pay Pal usage. I had purchased several hundreds of items on Flea-Bay and had a 100% record. They would not credit me on a leather stool that cost about $30 and broke after I left feedback. I have never used nor will I ever use them again. My wife and I have only one vehicle and it makes it hard and cost me money and time to go to the PO for a MO. PP is a lot easier to use at certain times and I do. I would drop them if I had another form of payment to use other than MO's. As a former LEO I will tell you that many MO's are fake. We had a fed-Ex shipment of blank MO's that were for the local 7-11's. Thousands of fake MO's in our area before we made an arrest. Some of these people have done this all their lives and are true artist when it comes to these forgeries.

montana_charlie
04-05-2011, 12:01 PM
The reason that fleabay forces sellers to demand paypal is ...
They don't force sellers to demand PayPal.

They make money twice when Pay Pal is used to purchase on E-Bay. They make funds off the seller and funds off of the Pay Pal usage.
They provide two services, and charge fees for both.
If eBay did not own PayPal (as was once the case) you would still pay for both services, it's just that you would be paying two separate entities.

That's kinda like you pay the realtor's commission when you buy a house, and you pay the title company a fee to verify ownership. Two services ... two fees.

CM

4given
04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
I like pay pal for the convinince & the safety.