PDA

View Full Version : Customer service....

superscifi12
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a Bass Pro shop, Cabelas, and a Scheels all withing 20 mins of each other about 45 mins from me.

First I was looking for Black powder and Ball for my new flintlock....only one store carries black powder (bass pro)

Then I find this site: So i wanted a lyman dipper and 2 LEE molds....I can't get a staright answer from Cabelas, First its we carry the molds but not the dipper, then it is No molds only the dipper. So i get the item numbers off the website and I call back and just ask for someone to enter the numbers into the computer to see if they have it. their response "That's how it is checked every time someone calls." My response is "So then why is it when I ask them they go "What does it look like? or "Hey Joe* do we carry XXXXX?"" Then tries to transfer me back to the same people as last time.:mad: Needless to say no one else carries them....
Time for site to store as they are on sale for $18.99 for the molds and $19.99 for the dipper. The sales tax is 1/3 of the shipping and I work 10 mins from the store.

Ben
04-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Not all, but a lot of these places have people working in them ( and answering the phone ) that have never shot a " BB Gun ".

They probably wouldn't know what a dipper even looks like. You ever ask someone who works in Wal Mart about a product. GOOD LUCK ! !

CWME
04-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I generally answer "can I help you" with "No thank you I am all set". Every once in a while I make the mistake of saying what I am looking for... I always regret it because I am always looking for odd stuff it seems and the looks I get are priceless.

troyboy
04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Cabelas has always been good to me. Either on line or in the stores. I just had the pleasure recently to visit the one in Pa. Great customer service. Went to the one in WV. Great customer service. Can't say about on the phone though. Myself I either go in or order on line.

Wayne Smith
04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Cabelas has been good to us as well. I recently sent them a nasty e-mail in frustration because they didn't bother to spool the fly line on a spool, just sent it in a loose coil. Naturally it got all tangled.

They sent me a $10 gift certificate in apology - can't fault that attitude. I've been a customer since I was a teenager (I'm 58 now) and will likely stay a customer. The wife even found rugs, bedspread, and curtains there after looking for at least a month at traditional sites and finding nothing she liked! Guess 35 years of marriage has changed both of us.

superscifi12
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
well today I had to be in town for other reasons and the mold and the dipper were on the same shelving unit! the dipper at eye level and the mold on the bottom shelf. they were even lined up vertically.

No more calling that place I'll just have to stop if I want to find something.