PDA

View Full Version : Martini Cadet Actions

old turtle
04-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I have been thinking about this action for some time now. Does any one know of a source for a good action? I heard that some one is now making them but I feel the price would be out of sight based on what people want for new copies of older actions. I would be interested in a center fire action like the Australian Cadet which is what I would like to obtain. Perhaps some of the "down under' members might have an idea.

trevj
04-02-2011, 02:19 PM
They went the way of the $29 milsurp rifle. A whole pile of them were brought in and sold cheaply in the same magazines.

You are really looking for a action that is going to cost you about $300. Compared to the $600plus that it would cost you to make them or buy new...

Have you been looking on Gunbroker or Auctionarms? That'll give you a real idea of what they are actually selling for.

Best bet is to buy as good a rifle as you can get, strip it (a shame that!) and sell the remaining parts to someone to offset your overall cost.

They are not cheaper in Aus, from what I've seen online, and the indications I have seen, put more of them having been sent to the US than remained behind.

Buy the new action if you can get one.

Converting a RF action to CF is likely to be the cheapest part of the whole build, and is not a reason to avoid an action if you find one.

Cheers
Trev

Bad Ass Wallace
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
There are still plenty of Cadets available in many forms, original .310, converted to 22 RF, and a host of sporting conversions.

Prices for standard Cadets range from $250-450, rinfires $120-$200, and converted sporters $250-$600 (which is not bad considering a lot of gunsmithing is already done!)

Occasionally a thick walled smallbore rifle will be for sale $600 - $1000.

I have 26 in various forms and chamberings 22RF, 17 AH, 17.222Rimmed, 218 Bee, 25/35Win etc; what did you have in mind?

Boz330
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Vic Samuals use to have a number of them and builds on them almost anything you could want in the calibers that will fit. His website is something like Martinismith. He has done 2 for me and they are fun accurate rifles.
http://www.martinirifles.com/

Bob