PDA

View Full Version : I am a believer of Bullplate

toddrod
04-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Finally was able to do some casting and used the Bullplate lube I ordered. This stuff is everything it is said to be. I lubed every moving part generously, also the pins and the plate. No more sticking of any part. I was also able to clean off all the residue from all the other lubes I had tried before with the bullplate.

I also dumped my cointainer, but luckily I was using a medicine cup with just a small amount in it.

I highly recommend this stuff.

theperfessor
04-02-2011, 11:45 AM
It's great stuff isn't it! The running joke here is the "round bottom bottles" they come in (they're not, by the way, and you know that) because everyone that uses it eventually spills it in some creative way.

That's why I ordered several bottles. I managed to pour the first one down my arm and back of my neck, don't ask what led to the arm motion that caused that.

toddrod
04-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Every time I added lead to my 10lb pot I wiped down the LEE mold with it. The mold worked better and better as the casting session went along.

doubledown
04-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Because of the round bottle jokes, I just ordered three bottles! That should set me up for a little while.:-)

RobS
04-02-2011, 08:29 PM
It is a great product for sure and one that most here are very satisfied with.

jmsj
04-02-2011, 08:35 PM
It's great stuff isn't it! The running joke here is the "round bottom bottles" they come in (they're not, by the way, and you know that) because everyone that uses it eventually spills it in some creative way.

That's why I ordered several bottles. I managed to pour the first one down my arm and back of my neck, don't ask what led to the arm motion that caused that.

Bullplate is great stuff. On my first order, after hearing all the stories about spilling the "round bottom bottles" I ordered 10 bottles after 2 years I'm still on my first bottle. I probably just jinxed myself.
jmsj

mooman76
04-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I have never heard anything but positive replies about it. I finally spilled mine. Didn't put the cap on all the way and when I picked it up. it dropped. I finally got a top for it the pops open like a lotion bottle that way if it tips, I will only loose a few drops.

blasternank
04-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Can you put a link to their order page? I need to order some. Thanks.

smokemjoe
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I will prep my molds on a hot plate , Its the best around. Joe

RobS
04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Can you put a link to their order page? I need to order some. Thanks.

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/tbs_lube.htm

theperfessor
04-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I also use BullPlate for other things, such as a case lube or for tapping aluminum (when you run out of Tap Magic on the weekend). It can also be used to make bullet lube, for those who like to make their own Speed Green. It's worth having an extra bottle or three around at the price.

crabo
04-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I just refill all the little bottles NOE sends with his molds. They work great for just putting a small amount on your q-tip.

I also like to put it in my screw holes for handles and sprueplate screws when I put them together.

blasternank
04-03-2011, 08:21 PM
http://bullshop.gunloads.com/tbs_lube.htm

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Donor8x56r
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Bullplate is excellent! Like I mentioned in another post this idea is by far better than Kroil.

Best thing?Mould hardly needs any wacking to get the boolits out.Most of the time they fall out by themselfs :)

And I didn't spill mine yet LOL.

toddrod
04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
So are you saying that you put Bullplate in the mold cavity to make the bullets fall out easier instead of Kroil?

exile
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I need some too. Will they take a personal check and wait until it clears? What is the shipping for two bottles?

exile :happy dance:

Doby45
04-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I drill a 1/16" hole in the very center of my cap and place a Q-Tip against it and give it a lil squeeze, no spills for me. ;)

waksupi
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
So are you saying that you put Bullplate in the mold cavity to make the bullets fall out easier instead of Kroil?

Not in the mold, only contact surfaces.

Bad Water Bill
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
With Easter approaching save the egg coloring bottles or food coloring bottles. Clean and dry them and ONE bottle of BULLPLATE should last for many many years.