PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever eat deep fried mac and cheese

Lloyd Smale
04-02-2011, 07:21 AM
wive brought some home last night from a hot dog stand and i really liked it. Just wondering if there were any tricks to making it?

Skrenos
04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Make mac and cheese. Refriderate overnight. Cut into squares/cubes ala rice krispies treats. Flour coat, shake off dust. Egg dredge and coat with bread crumbs. Pan fry each side 1 minute until, as Alton Brown says, golden brown and delicious. Drain on paper towels. Call doctor and schedule coronary bypass surgery.

scottiemom
04-02-2011, 09:46 PM
skrenos hit it right on the money!! good but don't eat often!

redneckdan
04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Munising has a hot dog stand? In April? Same place I couldn;t find a dirt bike inner tube in July? :shock:

EchoSixMike
04-03-2011, 06:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chiRnhoV-Ic

I've tried this recipe before, since I find pre-boxed mac and cheese to be somewhat lacking.

My tastebuds are too far gone to detect the romano/parmesan mixed with the bread crumbs over the general taste of cheese, but it certainly doesn't hurt anything. S/F.....Ken M

Lloyd Smale
04-03-2011, 08:19 AM
just opened dan. My wife brough it home. She wanted to try one of there hot dogs. Me youd have to roap and have 10 guys hold me down to force me to eat a hot dog! Id about just as soon eat cow ****. She said they had something else there though that i would like to try. Some kind of a french fry with pulled pork and cheese. Now that sounds good to me. Place is easy to find if your around. If your comming from your way just turn right on the street before the stop light and your there. Dairy Queen opend yesterday too so i can get pork fries, fried mac and chease and a blizzard all within a couple blocks and the hospital is nearby too!!
Munising has a hot dog stand? In April? Same place I couldn;t find a dirt bike inner tube in July? :shock:

Skrenos
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chiRnhoV-Ic

I've tried this recipe before, since I find pre-boxed mac and cheese to be somewhat lacking.

What I find funny about that recipe is that she used Not Butter! and then added milk. If you're going to do that, may as well just use butter.

EchoSixMike
04-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah, don't tell nobody, but I just use butter. S/F....Ken M

pmeisel
04-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Time for a road trip...... only problem is Munising is 20 hours from here!

MT Gianni
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Holly makes Mac and cheese with a standard white sauce adding Cheddar, Parmesan and or Mozzarella to taste. Throw out the Kraft stuff, that powder can't be cheese.

missionary5155
04-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Good morning
Dont throw out that Kraft out stuff.. May just work well for popping hinges and lockplates in door busting practice. Nothing else it will leave a nice refrence mark and the range master will really wonder what that dye marker was.

Lloyd Smale
04-10-2011, 07:48 AM
made a batch of homemade mac and cheese the other day and the next day i gave it a try. turned out pretty darned good even if i have to say so myself. Thanks for all the help.

dragonrider
04-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Just reading this is making my stent twitch.