PDA

View Full Version : 10-22 high cap mags

roysha
03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
I suppose this has been addressed before but a quick search didn't show anything.

I see that CDNN has for sale the 50 round stick style mags for the 10-22 in RAMLINE, BUTLER CREEK,and EAGLE brands.

My question is this; Have any of you folks used any of these magazines? If so what was you experience with them? It just doesn't seem to me that they could be completely reliable, especially at one end or the other, in other words, completely full (highly compressed spring) or nearly empty (nearly totally relaxed spring).

I don't own a 10-22 and really don't intend on buying one but the high cap question is one that has crossed my mind off and on for sometime and finally my curiosity has gotten the best of me

Johnch
03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I have tryed a number of the Hi Cap 10/22 mags

IMO the best of the lot is the BUTLER CREEK Steel Lips mag

John

shooterg
04-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Yep. Steel lips mo better. Had several older Ramlines that had cracked. Fortunately did not throw 'em away and Ramline replaced 'em for free after the high capacity ban ran out and they restarted production. Good warranty and customer service, but I'd get steel lips now, in light of all the legislation being pushed .

bootsnthejeep
04-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I bought four of the regular Hot Lips Butler Creek mags. I think Natchez was having a sale. The odd problem once in a while, but for the most part, really good.

I have ONE Eagle 30 round mag, I don't remember where I got it, but I HATE that thing. Jam-o-matic. I don't know how I've taken it to the range as many times as I have without smashing it with the buttstock or using it as a target.