PDA

View Full Version : The Anti's

white eagle
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
are after us again
trying to ban,excuse me,regulate magazine capacities
Now I am sorry that Mr.Brady was shot and for the resulting paralysis
however ,.,.,would he want to have been defended by secret service carrying pitchforks :Fire:

9.3X62AL
03-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Oh, yeah--the 10-round capacity limit has just made crooks and predators leave California in droves for more gun-friendly locations. What morons.

7br
03-31-2011, 07:29 AM
To me, this is situational politics. Even Saturday Night Live is beating up on Mr. Obama. He has to do something to energize his base and look like a leader.

We might be able to call up allies from unexpected places. If he is really serious about tightening up who has access to firearms, he is going to have to check medical records. That should start the ACLU howling. If he wants to close the "Gunshow Loophole", he is going to have to allow someone without an FFL to run a background check. That will open a can of worms that will get nasty in a hurry. (Not sure of your daughter's boyfriend, Need to check out a potential employee, run a check on them to see if they could purchase your old rifle)

Naturally, trying to solve the real problem is going to be too difficult, so expect some window dressing that does no good, but annoys the heck out of the law abiding citizens.

blasternank
03-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Plus the registration makes it a crime to pass them down, sell them or transfer ownership to anyone! Meaning if you wanted to sell one to a buddy or give them to your kids! I doubt it will ever pass the House but you never know! It's scary because they'll call it some great safe type name that will make anyone voting against it feel bad about it. Fact is it is full of fiction and laws making good guys bad. Politicians are illusionist and not in an entertaining way.

Kraschenbirn
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=7br;1218892]...We might be able to call up allies from unexpected places...If he wants to close the "Gunshow Loophole", he is going to have to allow someone without an FFL to run a background check. That will open a can of worms that will get nasty in a hurry. (Not sure of your daughter's boyfriend, Need to check out a potential employee, run a check on them to see if they could purchase your old rifle)[QUOTE]

Uh-uh...that's not their program. "Gunshow Loophole" has become politico-speak for "ALL sales or transfers of firearms MUST be conducted an FFL and be permanently recorded."

Wanna pass your dad's Model 12 down to your son or grandson? Take it to an FFL, have the recipient fill out the paperwork, get a Brady check, wait the waiting period...then you can give it to him. Wanna swap deer rifles with one of your hunting buddies? Take both guns to an FFL, both of you fill out Form 4473s, and both of you get fresh Brady checks, and then, after the waiting period, you guys with be able to take your guns home.

Bill

klcarroll
03-31-2011, 10:03 AM
@Krashen;

BULLSEYE!!!

KLC

Charley
03-31-2011, 11:27 AM
are after us again
trying to ban,excuse me,regulate magazine capacities
Now I am sorry that Mr.Brady was shot and for the resulting paralysis
however ,.,.,would he want to have been defended by secret service carrying pitchforks :Fire:

I'm not sorry at all. He loved the perks of being a member of the Presidential administration, he was just too ignorant/stupid to understand that with advantages come disadvantages, like taking a bullet meant for the POTUS. Goes with the job. TSMF.

Rangefinder
03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm not sorry at all. He loved the perks of being a member of the Presidential administration, he was just too ignorant/stupid to understand that with advantages come disadvantages, like taking a bullet meant for the POTUS. Goes with the job.

Amen to that---I'm quite sick of the whole bunch and all their drama, fantasies, and ignorance. For magazine capacity, I never really understood their thinking (or lack there-of). 2-15rd magazines or 3-10rd magazines. Either way it's sliced, it's gonna be 30 rounds at the ready. The bonus of 2-15's is less space taken up and I don't have to drop another $40. Is there any limit to the stupidity?

waksupi
03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I have no idea why they think if they close the gun show loop hole, that people would stop free trade between their selfs. I would just about guarantee it would be universally ignored, at least in most of the west.

klcarroll
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
......however ,.,.,would he want to have been defended by secret service carrying pitchforks?.........

The reality of the situation is that all of the fancy hardware carried by the Secret Service hasn’t mattered that much; …..Except possibly as a psychological deterrent.

The last time the Secret Service engaged in a firefight (to counter a direct threat against the POTUS) was in the 1950 assassination attempt against Harry Truman!

No shots were fired by the Secret Service in any of the following events:

The Nov. 22nd 1963 assassination of John F. Kennedy by Lee Harvey Oswald.

The Sept. 5th 1975 attempt on Gerald Ford by Lynette Fromme.

The Sept, 22, 1975 attempt on Gerald Ford by Sara Jane Moore.

The March 30, 1981 attempt on Ronald Regan by John Hinckley, Jr.

The Oct. 29, 1994 attempt intended for Bill Clinton by Francisco Martin Duran.

The May 10, 2005 attempt on George W. Bush by Vladimir Arutyunian.

(Sept. 1975 was a really lousy month for Gerry Ford, wasn't it? :bigsmyl2:)

Kent

firefly1957
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I always wondered what the women had against Ford?

MtGun44
04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Not going anywhere, relax.

Bill